Dumbledore's Army

—Caroline's POV—

    After practice we were all in the Gryffindor common room, the twins were trying to sell their products and Ron was trying to get Hermione to write an essay for him. She agreed to do the intro. They sat down with Harry and Hermione asked him, "What's wrong with your hand?" She looked at it for a second then said, "You've got to tell Dumbledore!"

    "Tell Dumbledore what?" I asked walking over to them.

    "Look," she said lifting his hand. It had 'I must not tell lies' carved into it.

    "Oh my Merlin! Yeah, you have to tell Dumbledore!" I said.

    "No. Dumbledore has enough on his mind already," he said pulling his hand away. "And besides I don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction,"

    "Bloody hell Harry the woman's torturing you. If the parents knew about this..." he was cut of by Harry saying,

    "Yeah well I haven't got any of those, have I, Ron?"

    "Harry you've got to report this," I said.

    "Yeah, it perfectly simple. You're being..." Hermione said.

    "No, it's not," Harry argued. "Whatever this is, it's not simple. You don't understand," he closed his book and walked away. I went back over to Fred and George, who had were sitting alone because everyone either bought something, or didn't want anything from them. I sat down on a stool, leaned against Fred's shoulder and held his hand. He turned to look at me and brush some hair out my face,

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I know getting detention is kind of your thing, but please, just try not to get detention with Umbridge," I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Just please, don't," I implored him.

"Okay. You look tired," he told me.

"Yeah, I am," I said

"Want to go upstairs?" He asked.

"Yeah," I answered. We stood up and he walked me to his dorm. He laid down and I laid down next to him, I put my head on his chest as he stroked my hair.

—Time Skip: Next Day at Lunch—

At lunch I was sitting with Fred and George on my left and Hermione on my right. She looked at Ron in disgust and asked, "Do you ever stop eating?"

"What? I'm hungry," he said. Harry slowly walked up to them and Hermione said,

"Harry,"

"Can I join you?" He asked. Hermione smiled but before she could say anything from the hall Umbridge said,

"What exactly are you insinuating?"

"I am merely requesting that when it come to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices," Professor Mcgnagall said.

"So silly of me but it sounds as if you are questioning you authority in my own classroom... Minerva," she said moving up a step so it looked like she was taller than Professor McGonagall.

"Not at all... Delores," she moved up a step as well, "merely your medieval methods,"

"I... am sorry dear. But to question my practices is to question the ministry, and by extension the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is, disloyalty," Umbridge said.

"Disloyalty," McGonagall said in disbelief.

"Thing at Hogwarts are worse than I feared, Cornelius will want to take immediate action," she said.