At the Orphanage

—Caroline's POV—

After we made it back to school we all packed our trunks and got ready to go. When I was walking through the the hall one day I saw Dumbledore, "Professor Dumbledore can I talk with you for a moment?" I asked.

"Yes, of course Mrs. Quinton," he said guiding toward his office. We got to the bird that guarded his office and he gave it the password. We walked onto the steps and they spiraled upwards. We walked off the steps, he sat down in his chair and gestured for me to sit in the other. "What did you want to talk about Mrs. Quinton?" He asked.

"My parents. Did you know?" I asked.

"After the breakout from Azkaban people suspected that Sirius Black help the escapees. Now, you and I know that was not the case, so I looked for others related to the escapees. We found you. I knew it couldn't possibly be you so I dismissed it. So, to answer your question, yes. I knew who your parents were," he said.

"And... and you didn't think to tell me!" I said.

"I didn't tell you because I knew that You-know-who had returned, who would be quickly followed by you mother. I knew you would most likely find out because of that, so I kept it from you to keep some normalcy in your life," he told me.

"You had... no right... to do that," I said my eyes filling with tears.

"I know I didn't, but I thought it would be for your own good," he said.

"You don't get to make those kinds of decisions! You don't get to decide what's good for me!" I yelled tears streaming down my face.

"I know and I'm sorry," he said.

"I'm going to go finish packing," I said trying to calm down.

"I think that's a good idea," he said. I walked to the door and down the stairs. I was walking in the hall when I saw Luna putting up posters.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Turns out people have been hiding my things, but I need them back seen as it's the last day," she said in her light airy voice.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, do you need help looking?" I asked.

"No, it's alright. My mom always said that thing always have a way of coming backtrack you," she said. She looked up and I followed her gaze. He shoes were tied by their laces above the archway.

I got my trunk packed and went down to the train station to meet Angelina and Lee. We all got onto the train and found an empty compartment. We all sat down together and I asked, "So, what are you going to miss most about this place?"

"Quidditch," Angelina said.

"Yeah, quidditch," Lee agreed.

"You don't even play," I said laughing.

"Yeah but announcing is fun," he said.

"What about you? What are you gonna miss most?" Angelina asked me.

"Sneaking around the secret passages with the twins," I answered.

"That was fun!" Lee said. The rest of the train ride we just sat and talk about things we'd miss. When we made it back to the station I got off the train and immediately started looking for Fred. In the sea of people it was impossible to find anyone, I pushed through the crowd looking for his fiery red hair. Then I was grabbed from behind,

"Hello love," Fred said.

"Freddie!" I turned around to hug him.

"Are you ready to see the shop?" He asked.