Home for the Holidays

—Caroline's POV—  One month later

    We were about to start to close up when we heard glass smashing outside. Fred ran outside, George and I followed him. It was death eaters. They walked out of the shop dragging someone with a bag over their head. After they left, we rushed over to see if anyone was hurt. Luckily no one was, but the shop was Olivander's, and we couldn't find him, we figured he was the person they took. Everyone in Diagon Alley went back to their normal lives after the explosion was cleaned. We had less customers after that, but the usual rush of people came when school came close to starting.

    "Step up, step up!" The twins said in unison to welcome customers.

    "We've got fainting fancies!"

    "Nosebleed nougat!" They ducked as a spark came flying by their heads.

    "And just in time for school..." Fred started,

    "Puking pastilles!" George finished. I was in the midst of the chaos restocking shelves when I saw Ron, Ginny, and Harry walk in. They were instantly mesmerized by the shop, I walked over to Ginny and Hermione over by the love potions.

    "Hello ladies! Love potions eh?" Fred and George said.

    "Yeah, they really do work!" Fred said.

    "Then again, the way we hear it, sis, you're doing just fine on your own," George remarked.

    "Ignore them," I told her putting my hands on the twins' shoulders.

    "Hang on, what do you mean, 'fine on your own'" she asked.

    "Are you not currently dating Dean Thomas?" George asked.

    "It's none of your business," she said, walking away. I slapped the back of the twins' heads and said,

    "Nice going idiots," They were walking up the stairs when Ron asked,

    "How much for this?"

    "5 galleons," they said.

    "How much for me?" He asked. They looked at each other confused and repeated,

    "5 galleons,"

    "But I'm your brother?" He argued. They shrugged and said,

    "Ten galleons," I shook my head at them and walked over to Ginny, she was looking at pygmy puffs now.

    "Cute, huh?" I said.

    "They're adorable! If my mum said yes could I have one?" She asked excitedly.

    "Of course!" I told her.

    "What about Fred and George?" She asked.

    "Fred and George's finances will be fine if they give their sister a pygmy puff," I said laughing a little. She went over to her mum and asked her, she came back overjoyed. I told her to pick one and she choose a pink one. I went over to talk to Mrs. Weasley afterwards, "Hi Mrs. Weasley, how are you, how's the rest of the family?"

    "Oh, Caroline! Oh yes I'm fine, Arthur is fine, we're all fine! How are you, darling? How are the boys? They haven't come over to talk to me yet, their own mother!" She said.

    "I'm great. The boys are great! Yeah... the reason for that might be because they didn't want to tell you a little something about their living situation. I sorted it all out though,"

    "Caroline, mum," I heard two people say behind me.

    "Boys, I was just telling your mother about your previous living situation, unless you would rather tell her?" I said.