The Battle of Hogwarts

—Caroline's POV—

We ran back to the castle, fireballs were flying everywhere. "Caroline! Caroline!" I heard someone calling. I saw who was yelling my name, it was Fred.

"Freddie!" I pushed my way to him. "Things escalated quickly over here,"

"Yeah, they did! Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine," I said.

"Hey, I want to tell you something. I want to tell you, I love you," he said.

"Tell me that after the fight. After we make it through this," I told him.

"Alright," he said. We ran inside and we only made it inside the door before we found Percy battling the minister and a few other death eaters.

"Percy?" Fred said throwing spells at them.

"Yeah, I've realized that I've been, well," he said.

"A pompous ministry-loving prat?" Fred finished.

"Okay, yeah," he admitted.

"Welcome back," I said, joining them.

"Welcome to," he said. "I heard you and Fred became something. I wasn't shocked," Fred laughed. Suddenly I was blown backwards, my head hit the wall and everything went dark.

"No! No! You idiot! One rule! Not near her!" I heard someone yelling. My ears were ringing, I raised my hand to touch my head. "Oh good! You're alive," Bellatrix said next to me.

"Oh absolutely not!" I kicked her as hard as I could and stood up. "Fred!"

"Caroline?" I heard him say faintly. I ran to where he was laying in the rubble.

"I'm sorry daughter. I told them not around you, but some people just don't listen!" She yelled.

"No! You don't have the right to call me that. I have tolerated it for this long, but not anymore. Stay away from me!" I yelled. I bent down and said, "Fred are you okay?"

"Yeah," he said.

"Fred!" George ran over to us. "You dead Freddie?"

"Nope, still kickn' sorry Georgie," he said sitting up. All of a sudden a hissing voice whispered,

"You have fought valiantly, but in vain. I do not wish this, every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity," We helped Fred up and to the great hall, that was where we were taking the injured and dead.

"Oh thank goodness!" Molly said. "Fred are you alright?"

"I'm George mum," Fred said.

"Fred this is not the time nor the place," I scolded him.

"Right, sorry," he laid down on a bench and I sat in front of him as he put an arm around me. "Mm, you smell nice," he said.

"I smell like fire and dirt, how hard did you hit your head?" I asked.

"Pretty hard I guess," he laughed. I wiped a smudge of dirt off his face and kissed him. "Marry me," he said.

"Come again?" I said.

"Marry me," he repeated.

"I think this might be the concussion talking," I said.

"No, it's not. Marry me. I know I don't have a ring or anything, but, I love you and I want to marry you," he said, sliding off the bench and to the floor, on one knee.