Chapter 6

Rian's pov.
As I get to class I sit down at the front of the class, waiting for more people to show up. All I know is I'm already tired of school and its new. I see mahalia and destyni walk in laughing standing by my table. As the teacher is about to reveal the seating chart Erik walks in, smiling and being all happy... WHY WE ARE IN SCHOOL. I can tell he's kinda popular here, him and his brother, anyways the teacher speaks out and says "Erik your next to Rian" I quietly groan... I have nothing against him it's just I'd rather be with mahalia. She's the only one I really know here. And why would I sit by a boy that can barely spit out his name. Ok I admit he's cute and all but NO. The teacher put mahalia and destyni I think was her name together. I don't know I gazed off. I look over to Mahalia and Destyni staring at me and Erik. Laughing and high fiving.. do they this is a joke? I start to daydream as Erik shouts my name like 4 times. It's not my fault I couldn't hear him for the first 3 times. I look over to him nodding my head as a gesture to ask what. He asks "How do you know Mahalia?" I chuckled at the thought. He looked at me fully interested. "She was visiting Denver and she explored downtown Denver. She came to me asking directions for ways to get to the ice skating ring. And I showed her. And I thought she looked like a old friend of mine so I asked her what was her name. She said ummmm mahalia" I laughed at the thought "everyone seems to forget their name when I talk to them. I think I have powers or something" I smiled "anyways back to the story. So I decided to go to the skating ring as well, and we just clicked I mean it was nice to have her around that time because I was also going through a break up. And she was there, she asked for my number politely and I gave it to her. Then we just started talking everyday and got really close." All he can reply with is "Wow that true friendship there" while laughing. I mean I guess you can say it's funny meeting once and talking everyday from that point on. I return the question. Erik reply's with "Mahalia is my cousin" I look at him wide eyes then looked over to her with the same eyes. "Wait so your the cousin that she told me about" he chuckled "yea that would be me. I'm guessing she told you about Lyle as well" well no duh why would she only tell me about one brother. "Yea she told me about all of you guys. You sound like amazing people from what I was told" he smiled and looked right at mahalia then back to me "that's the first she said anything nice about me" I lightly laughed at his reply. As we finished up talking I see the teacher staring right at me. "Do you think just because your new you can talk through my whole class" when I tell you my smile has never been wiped away so quick I mean it. Its already my first day and I got in trouble. "I'm sorry mr Miller" "well you can be sorry in detention" are YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW. Ughhhhh. Erik speaks up "Mr Miller it wasn't only her talking. It was me as well" I looked at him shocked. Wow we got ourselves a honest lover boy. I whispered to him "what are you doing" he completely ignored me. I look over to see mahalia and destyni acting like 2nd graders making a heart with their hands and laughing. While mouthing "awww". I'm ready to get this day over with.