Chapter 10

Ri's POV
As I get called out for detention. Destyni screams "THERES A RAT" I immediately panic. I'm TERRIFIED of rats. I don't know why they're just scary. I could tell Erik was trying to help me. Genuinely worried, destyni had this smirk as soon as Mr.Miller told her detention. Who knew this many people would get detention on the first few days of school. I would say I care a lot about my grades. Whether I like it or not, Mr. Miller tells destyni to take me to detention with her. As we leave the class destyni goes the opposite way of detention. WHATS WRONG WITH HER. "Wait- aren't we supposed to be in detention" I asked softly. I could tell she thought I was a nerd or possibly weird. She rolled her eyes as she said "Who actually goes to detention right away?" I wanted to scoff at her reply. But I simply said "umm- me" she looked at me weird and said a reply I wasn't expecting. "Omg you and Erik are made for each other!" I don't know if she meant it but it made me feel a typa way. I was blushing and not even noticing.  She glanced at me and kept walking. I think she was looking for someone, she couldn't find her so we made our way to detention like we were supposed to do in the first place. We arrive and I see a girl speaking to Erik. But boy did she look furious she yelled at him "WHAT THE FUDGE ERIK, MOM AND DAD ARE GONNA KILL YOU" I never felt worse, I mean yes he did talk first but he didn't have to say anything. He mumbled something back to her. A few minutes go by and Destyni is sleeping her ass off. I can tell she doesn't care about anything, The same girl yelling at Erik sat next to me. I'm guessing that's his sister... I felt bad for Erik and felt that I should defend him. I rip a piece paper off of my journal and write "Hi I'm Rian but you can call me Ri, I am so sorry talking to Erik in class, it's my fault I should've just kept my mouth shut" I crumbled it and handed it to her. She chuckled a little bit and replied with "No worries and my name is Ashley, Eriks big sister. And you know you would be so cute with him, the way he looks at you is so cute. I never seen my brother look at a girl so amazing like like you" I smiled at it. I mean after all he is the reason why I'm making friends along with mahalia. After she said that we kept going back and forth getting to know each other.  I like her she seems nice like mahalia said and we kinda relate with a lot of things. Ashley and Destyni left a little bit early so it kinda only left me, mahalia, and Erik. I sat in the middle with Erik next to me and mahalia all the way in the back. I set My head on the desk due to boredom and yell "UGHHHHH" I laughed along with Erik. "Hey Erik I'm so sorry. I heard Ash say you'd get in trouble. I didn't mean to get you in trouble." His smile dropped and gulped. "Yea, no it's fine I'm all good" he gave a light fake smile. "Erik are you sure" and he nodded back. As the bell rang it was time for 2nd period. "Well audios mr menendez and laughed" he returned the same laugh. With everything going on at home I feel genuinely happy for once. Maybe Beverly Hills isn't gonna be so bad. "Hurry up mahalia, we got math. Jeez my old Gma walks faster than you" she laughed while clinging on my shoulder. "I'm coming I'm coming. Jeez you being such a nerd makes me question how we are friends" she chuckled. "Well someone gotta take care of you" I laughed. We continue making it to our math class. Mahalia convinces me to sit at the back with her, Destyni, Halle, Ash, Erik, Chloe, and Lyle. But everyone but me and mahalia were late. As they walk in mahalia gestures them to come over here. We finally gets situated, Ms Archuleta hands out packets and tells us to team up with someone. I just look around. Unsure who to partner up with. I guess a part of me wants to partner up with Erik. But I still get nervous. Jesus I'm not gonna make a lot of friends if I keep acting like this.