24 Memories

Just wanted to take a moment to thank anyone who has read up to this far! I hope you like part 24!

***

"3..." Ava began counting down. "2..."

"1!" Ava called out as she pressed the trigger.

There was a noise, an odd noise. It sounded like a futuristic laser. Everyone rushed to Violet/Sydney's side to make sure she was alright.

***

It had been 27 minutes. A whole 27 minutes before Violet woke up.

As soon as Violet woke up and looked around, she yelled. Not out of fear, out of excitement. "Klaus!" She ran over to Klaus and hugged him. She did this same thing to everyone else.

"Now will someone tell me where we are, and why?" Violet asked after she finished hugging Sunny. She could barely stop smiling.

Ava nodded, "This is the Waverider. My team and I crash-landed in the backyard of where your siblings and friends were. They needed help to find you, and we also needed to fine you to restore the timeline."

Ava continued, but with a different explanation now. "We are going to have to give you a test to see if you still have all of your memories. I believe your brother could help."

Over the next hour, Violet told them about how far back she remembered and what exactly she remembered.

It would take far too long to list you the number of things she did remember. Also, the more crucial things are what she didn't remember. Number One, she did not remember her parents dying. Number Two, she didn't remember anything about Count Olaf. Number Three, she didn't remember being captured by Esme, and she didn't remember who Esme Squalor was either. Number Four, all of the bad things in between.

Violet seemed to only remember the good memories of her life. She couldn't recall fights with Klaus or getting a bad grade on a test in school. She did remember one bad thing. That was moments before Carmelita pulled the trigger of the memory gun. She remembered recording goodbyes. She didn't know why she was recording them. She just remembered recording them.

Later on, to test this. Klaus found the tape recorder and played it they had Violet finish what should've been said on it.

Klaus was thrilled to see his sister happy. She hadn't been this happy since she'd won "Overall Best Invention" in the state science fair two years ago. Wow, that was a long time ago. I guess the time gets away from you when you are constantly in fear of an evil man trying to steal your fortune than being on a deserted island for a year. The deserted island was peaceful, but Klaus could always tell that Violet wanted to be home, even though she had never admitted to it. 

***

A few hours later, around 9:00 pm. Violet fell asleep, she said her memory getting "restarted" took a lot out of her. Isadora decided she had to have a talk with Klaus, although she loved seeing her best friend really happy, knowing Violet lost a lot of memories wasn't good on the ol' conscience. 

"Hey, Klaus." Isadora walked into the room that they all somehow managed to share. 

"Hello, Isadora," Klaus responded.

Isadora stopped in her trackers, meaning she stopped walking and faced Klaus, "Why such a formal greeting?"

"I don't know." Klaus shrugged and looked back down at his book. 

"Anyways, I need to talk to you about something," Isadora said, walking over to her bed and sitting on it. 

Klaus looked back up, "What is it?"