Part 89- Neil gets to know about Mini's illness

Next evening, Mini and Arya came back. Arya went to her room. Mini was about to go upstairs but suddenly she felt dizzy and was about to fall but Neil held her. She parted immediately.

Mini: Thanks. Tum kab aaye?

Neil: Just now. What happened to you?

Mini: Nothing, just a bit tired I guess.

Neil: Take rest. Acha, I forgot to ask, tumhari reports aane wali thi, infact aa chuki hongi, right?

Mini: Yaar tum humesha yeh tests, reports aur medicines ki baat kyun karte rehte ho.

Neil: Really? Toh kya baat karu? Tell me?

He came closer and kept his hand on her cheek. She closed her eyes, but realised the reality and went upstairs to her room.

Neil: There is definitely something much deeper this time Mini. I need to know. Lekin tum ziddi bhi toh itni ho, kya karu mai tumhara? But no games this time.

After sometime he went upstairs and noticed that the door was locked.

Neil: She never used to lock her door. MINI!

He knocked the door and after a few minutes, she opened.

Mini: Kya hua? Tum soye nahi abhi tak?

Neil: Tum bhi toh nahi soyi.

Mini: Forget about me. Kuch kaam tha?

Neil: Kyun? Sirf kaam ke liye hi baat karunga?

Mini: Kaam nahi hai toh we will talk tomorrow. Good night.

She was about to close the door but he held her hand, came inside and locked the door.

Mini: Neil! What is this? You..

Neil: Exactly! I want to ask you this. What is all this? Itne dino se dekh raha hoon, you are behaving so different, baat baat par emotional jawab deti ho, indirect indications, teary eyes, avoiding conversations, what is this Mini? You were never like this.

He left her hand and she turned her face to the other side.

Mini: That's none of your business.

Neil: That's none of my business Mini? I deserve to know what is bothering you that you have changed this much. And today, you are not going to lie. You have to tell me. I demand.

Mini: What? What do you want to know? Look Neil, don't force me reveal something that is going to hurt you in the end. Please go to your room and sleep.

Just then she realised that the reports were lying on the table. She went towards it and picked up the file, but she lost her consciousness. He held her again but this panicked him more.

Neil: Mini! What's happening?

He made her lie on the bed and was about to sprinkle water on her face when he noticed the file. He opened it and that shock was too much for him to handle.

Neil: No, this can't be.. how can this be possible? You were going through so much aur mujhe pata bhi nahi chala. I am sorry Mini. I wasn't there for you when you needed me the most.

After a few minutes, she found herself lying on the bed. He was sitting beside her. She looked into his eyes, which depicted a different story this time. At once she understood that he knows everything now. She got up.

Neil: You okay?

Mini: Neil.. (her eyes became teary again) I .. I am sorry.. mujhe samajh hi nahi aaya ki mai kaise batau tumhe. I didn't know..

Neil: Calm down Mini. Kuch nahi hoga tumhe.

Mini: No, this time it can't be cured. Tumne reports dekhi naa, it's terminal. It's over Neil Oberoi.

Neil: NEVER! I don't care about the reports or whatever. Tumhe kuch nahi hoga, you get that. You can't go like this. I won't let you go anywhere.

She looked at him and kept her palm on his cheek. He held her hand.

Mini: But Neil, please try to understand and for God sake, don't behave like this. It will make me weak.

Lag jaa gale ke phir yeh
Haseen raat ho na ho
Shayad phir iss janam mein
Mulaqaat ho na ho
Humko mili hain aaj yeh
Ghadiyaan naseeb se
Jee bhar ke dekh leejiye
Humko qareeb se
Phir aap ke naseeb mein
Yeh baat ho na ho
Shayad phir iss janam mein
Mulaqaat ho na ho...

She broke down in tears. He hugged her tightly and tears were flowing from his eyes as well. They were reminiscing about their happy moments, their little fights, their togetherness and their promises. This fear of not being able to see a new tomorrow together, held them in its claws and there wasn't any way of letting it go. He looked at her so intensely, with eyes full of tears, pouring out each and every feeling his heart was holding.

Paas aayiye ke hum nahin
Aayenge baar baar
Baahein gale mein daal ke
Hum ro lein zaar zaar
Aankhon se phir yeh pyaar ki
Barsaat ho na ho
Shaayad phir is janam mein
Mulaqaat ho na ho...

He placed his hand on her cheek and reality hit him hard. He lost his control over himself and parted. He turned his face to the other side and let the tears flow. She couldn't see him like that, and to divert his mind, she wiped off her tears.

Mini: Oh hello! Zyada rona dhona mat karna mere marne pe. I don't like over emotional people.

Neil: I hate you so much Mini.

Mini: I hate you too, chef Neil Oberoi.

What will Neil do now? Comment down.

PS: Sorry for the emotional part and song.

Happy reading. ❤️