Part 113- Parents

The preparations for their engagement began. Apart from the shopping, invitations, decorations, etc. there was one thing that they both were missing- the presence of their parents. For Neil, he didn't have any other option but to just miss both of them, but for Mini, it was something different, and she also felt the same.

Mini: Neil, I need to talk to you, about something important.

Neil: Yeah tell me.

Mini: I was thinking that, I mean, I don't know how..

Neil: Wait a minute. First of all, sit here and relax. Whatever it is, just say it.

Mini: You also know ki, see I don't want to remind you...

Neil: Mini, listen, I know it's something related to our past and it's okay. It was a part of us. Aaj hum jo bhi hain, jaise bhi hain, our past has a huge role to play. It's alright, just say what's bothering you.

Mini: After knowing about your past, I mean, about your love for Keya, I also realised ki mere Papa Ji ko jitna galat mai samajhti thi, utne galat woh the nahi. And now that we are getting engaged, I thought that, I mean..

Neil: And you know what, it's a great idea.

Mini: Maine toh abhi kuch kaha hi nahi.

Neil: 😒

Mini: Acha okay.. are you sure it's a good idea?

Neil: Yes, and by the way, why are you asking me?

Mini: I thought maybe...

Neil: Tum jo bhi decision leti ho naa, I think it is the best for all.

Mini: ☺️

Neil: After all, itna overthinking brain hai tumhara. Thoda benefit sabko ho jaata hai.

Mini: How mean😒

Neil: Okay sorry. So, did you talk to him? I mean, to your Papa Ji.

Mini: Nahi, I was thinking ki, agar tum call karo...

Neil: Waah ji waah, yeh sahi hai. Har jagah mujhe phasa do. Ek bechare, gareeb rasoiye, ahinsavadi aur shareef insaan par aapko taras nahi aata Mini Madam?

Mini: Zyada naa drama mat karo, okay.

Neil: Tell me one thing, tumhare Papa Ji bhi Dadu ke jaise toh nahi hai naa? Otherwise I'm gone.

Mini: 🤭 No but honestly, I don't know woh kaise hain. I mean, I never got the chance to see the real him. Kabhi baat hi nahi ho paayi theek se.

Neil: It's okay, Mini. Maybe it was the best for both of you. But now when he is coming, I think, you should talk to him considering the fact that he is your father, not as a person who cheated your mom. Tum samajh rahi ho naa?

Mini: Yeah.

A night before the engagement, everyone was sleeping peacefully in their rooms, tired from all the preparations. Neil was in deep sleep when someone tapped on his shoulder.

Neil: Kaun hai? Yaar, aaj toh sone do atleast. Go away.

The person again tapped harshly on his shoulder and that's when he realised that someone was there in his room. He peeped through his blanket and....

Neil: Ahhhhhhh 😱

Mini: Shhhh. Chup raho idiot.

Neil: God!! Why do you do this to me everytime? Ek toh mujhe sone nahi deti aur upar se you scare me. This is not ..

And he was continuously speaking.

Mini: Enough Neil Oberoi!

Neil: Dekho, Mini Madam, mai ek shareef aadmi hoon. This is not the right time to enter the room of an innocent man...

Mini: Kuch bhi chalta hai naa tumhare dimag mein? I need to talk to you.

Neil: 😒.......

Mini: 😬........

Neil: ☺️ Alright. Bolo.

Mini: I know this is not the right time to talk over things but, I'm missing her a lot, A LOT.

She was holding the picture of her Babes. He looked at her with teary eyes, but made her sit and himself sat beside her.

Mini: You know, Babes bahot darti thi, jab bhi mai kisi ladke se baat karti thi. She used to be over-worried for me. Maine usko promise kiya tha, ki jab mujhe koi ladka pasand aayega naa, toh sabse pehle usko bataungi. But unfortunately, woh time hi nahi aaya. How I wish ki aaj woh yahan hoti, tumse baat karti....

Neil: Bas itni si baat? Lo abhi kar lete hain.

Mini: What?

He took the picture from her.

Neil: Hi Babes! I hope you are fine. Mai kaun hoon? I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Neil. Mai woh jiski ungliyon ka magic aapke restaurant mein chal raha hai, woh jisne aapki beti ko finally, thoda bahot impress kar liya, and yes woh jisne aapki beti ko COOKING SIKHAYI. Can you imagine? I mean, it was so difficult....

Mini: Shut up Neil Oberoi. It wasn't difficult okay?

Neil: Tumhe kya pata? Don't interrupt.

Mini: 😯

Neil: So, here we are, seeking your blessings for tomorrow. Agar aaj aap yahan hoti, things would have been different but, I know aap jahan bhi hain, khush hongi.

Mini rested her head on his shoulder.

Mini: Babes hoti toh ab tak tumhare 100-200 interviews ho chuke hote.

Neil: So what? Remember the interview....

Mini: Haan haan bas abhi, zyada khush mat ho.

Neil: Mai ek baat batau? Meri mom ne ek baar mujhse kaha tha, ki jab mujhe koi pasand aayegi toh sabse pehle woh khud apne haathon se, apni anklets use dengi.

Mini: These anklets...

Neil: Yeah, ab woh toh hain nahi toh I thought... By the way, she also told me very strictly, jab koi pasand aaye toh sabse pehle mujhe batana.

And they both burst out laughing.

Mini: Waise this is not fair Neil Oberoi. Khud ko introduce kar diya, what about me?

He knew she was trying to cheer him up. He smiled.

Neil: I have already talked to her about you, madam, in the same way like we did with Babes.

Mini: Acha acha bas. Bahot ho gaya emotional hona. Let me go now.

Neil: 😒Who started?

Mini: Whatever!

She was about to go, when they heard "SHOOM SHOOM" sounds 😆

Neil: What's that?

Mini: Hawa.

Neil: Stay here. I won't let you go.

Mini: Darpok kahin ka. Fine.

Happy reading. ❤️