Part 90- Faith in love

Next morning, Mini woke up and heard some noise. She came out of her room and saw Neil with a bag in his hand.

Mini: Neil! Tum kahin jaa rahe ho?

Neil: 'Hum' jaa rahe hain.

Mini: Kahan?

Neil: Delhi.

Mini: Restaurant ka kaam hai? (She came downstairs) you know everything right?

Neil: I don't know anything.

Mini: I am not coming with you.

Neil: You are coming with me.

Mini: Neil..

Neil: Mini..

Mini: Fine, bolo.

Raaz aankhein teri,
Sab bayan kar rahi,
Sun raha dil teri khamoshiyan,
Kuch kaho na suno,
Paas mere raho,
Ishq ki kaisi hai yeh gehraiyan,
Saaya bhi jism se,
Hota hai kya juda,
Jitni bhi zor ki ho aandhiyan

Neil: You will be completely fine, trust me. I don't believe in these reports. They can be fake, right? And even if they aren't.. I won't let you go like this. Kisi aur ke liye nahi Mini, lekin mere liye, tumhare liye, humare liye, you have to come with me.

She knew he will try his best to save her. Though she wasn't sure about it, but for him, she agreed to come. He was determined to ensure that the love of his life was safe. Tears never left his eyes, there was pain, there was fear of losing his only source of happiness and contentment, but at the same time, there was a promise, that promise which he made, to be with her throughout the journey of life. And with all the baggage of emotions in their hearts, they reached Delhi. Without wasting any more time, they went to a hospital.

Jeene ka tu sahara,
Tu hi roshni,
Kehta hai har sitara,
Meri tu chandni,
Hum juda ho jayein,
Aisa mumkin nahi,
Dhoop ho tum meri,
Chhaon bhi ho tum hi,
Pass ho toh door ho tanhaiyan..

Outside the doctor's cabin, nervousness and fear was already making a room inside their minds, but Neil knew that he had to be there for her, keeping aside his emotions. He held her hand. She looked at him and he assured him with his eyes. The doctor called them inside. Mini described him everything in detail and showed him the reports as well.

Doctor: Firstly, Ms. Mini this is not a terminal disease. I mean yes, it was but now it's curable. Secondly, I am not very sure if you are really affected by it. Maine jitne bhi patients aaj tak dekhe hain, woh itne normal nahi dikhte.

Mini: But, I do have the symptoms.

Doctor: Dizziness toh medicines se bhi ho sakti hai. And the medicines you have mentioned, they are quite strong.

Neil: So, what do you suggest?

Doctor: I would recommend that you should again get yourself tested. Reports ka wait karte hain. Mujhe toh nahi lagta ki inhe koi problem hai lekin agar problem detect hoti hai, toh we will work on it together. You both have to be strong. These kind of phases are tough and I know, people need emotional stability. You both stay together and keep supporting each other emotionally, it is very important. Good luck, see you tomorrow with the reports. 😊

Neil: Thank you so much.

They came out. Mini looked at him with contentment in her eyes.

Neil: Didn't I say, you will be fine?

Mini: ☺️

After the test, they went home (Neil's house). At night

Main chalunga mushkilon mein,
Saaya ban tera,
Iss jahan mein uss jahan mein,
Bas ek tu mera,
Khushbuon se teri mehke,
Jism mera,
Raat aayegi toh,
Main subah launga,
Maut aayegi toh ladd jaunga..

Mini: Tell me one thing, tum itne zyada sure kaise the, about all this?

Neil: Sure toh kabhi koi nahi ho sakta. But faith is something that can do wonders. To be honest, jab maine tumhari reports dekhi, I was so shocked that I wasn't able to make out anything for a minute. I was angry on you for not telling me about it, but it's quite obvious ki tumne mujhe kyun nahi bataya. Tumse zyada mujhe apne aap par gussa aa raha tha because I wasn't there for you when you needed me the most. But I had this intuition that you are okay, and I have faith in my intuitions always. So, that's what gave me enough strength to make a decision.

Mini: Though your intuitions are always right about me but Neil, I want to say that, reports abhi aayi nahi hai. Please don't get stuck in a false hope, that might be the cause of breaking you.

Neil: So what? Even if you have any kind of problem, we will fight it together. And for now, just don't think much and sleep. Good night.

He stood up to go. She held his little finger and he had to stay there. He sat beside her on the bed and caressed her hair. Soon, she slept. He sat down on the floor besides her head and slept.

In the morning, she woke up and saw him like that

In the morning, she woke up and saw him like that. She moved a bit and he also woke up.

Neil: You get ready, I will cook something and then we will go.

Mini: Yeah! 🙂

After sometime, they went to the hospital.

Doctor: Come! Maine kaha tha aapse kal, ki Ms. Mini ekdum theek hain. And now the reports have also proved that she is totally fine.

Mini: What! Reports are normal?

Doctor: Absolutely!

They both had tears of mixed emotions. She looked at him and he smiled at her.

Doctor: Now.. something important you both need to know.

Happy reading. ❤️