Part 58- Award function

Everybody gathered at the award function; the staff and all the family members were there except Neil. Mini  was feeling his absence and Arya noticed this.

Arya: Mujhe pata hai ki tum Neil ko miss kar rahi ho par koi baat nahi, jab wo aayega tab mai usko photos dikha dungi.

Mini nodded.

Anchor: Toh chaliye, chalte hain hamare next award ki taraf- The Best Businesswoman of the Year Award and the Award goes to Ms. Mini Babita. Please come on the stage.

Mini went on stage and she was presented the award.

Anchor: Patiala babes restaurant loss mein chal raha tha. Sabko laga ki  yahan ki owner Mrs Babita ki death ke baad restaurant band ho jayega. Yahan ka taste kahin kho gaya. Lekin Ms. Mini Babita ne apne skills aur talent se iss restaurant ko ek baar phir se khada kar diya. Ms. Mini, you truly deserve this award. Congratulations!and now we want ki aap is milestone ke liye kuch kahe.

Mini: Thank you so much for this. Well, as you said, there wasn't any chance of this restaurant being what it is today. Even I thought that we may  have to close it but with the sincere efforts and belief of all the staff and family members, together we have made it what it is today. I would like to thank all my family members, firstly my sister Arya "Chhutanki, I love you" (Arya smiled and waved her hand) my Dadu, Biji, Dadi Amma; all the staff members- Simpi Didi, Khursheed uncle, Geeta aunty and all other members who have constantly tried to maintain the reputation of the restaurant; my friends- Preet and Bobby "you guys have been my strength"

Mainu ishq tera lae dooba
Haan ishq tera lae dooba
Aisa kyun hota hai
Tere jaane ke baad
Lagta hai haathon mein
Reh gaye tere haath
Tu shaamil hai mere
Hansne mein, rone mein
Hai kya koyi kami
Mere paagal hone mein
Mainu ishq tera lae dooba
Haan ishq tera lae dooba

and...(she closed her eyes reminiscing about the times when Neil supported her through this whole journey, the times when she used to feel hopeless and he used to fill her heart with colours of hope and love) a person who have always been there through thick and thin. Whenever I lost hope, he was there. Whenever I felt that it is impossible, he came up with thousands of possible reasons. He taught me that maybe it's not happening today, but it will, maybe tomorrow, someday. How I wish ki aaj woh yahan hota. (She looked at front and there he was, smiling at her) Though he is not here right now, but I can feel his presence. I can see him standing right in front of my eyes, smiling proudly, looking at me with lots of love in his eyes. But all I want to say is thank you Neil for being there, always. Thank you.

She came down the stage. Arya hugged her tightly.

Arya: I love you Veer Balika.

Everyone gathered around her and started congratulating her. Somehow, she felt contented from within, reason being that she saw her in front of her eyes, no matter if it was just an imagination. They all started moving out of the hall, but she stopped inside. She looked at the place where she saw him and smiled. Her spell broke when she got a text message from Preet.

"Hum sab jaa rahe hain. Tum aaram se aa jaana. Enjoy😉"

Mini: Enjoy? Is she mad or what? Mai akeli kya karungi yahan par?

She went outside but there wasn't anyone.

Mini: Kya ho gaya inn sab ko? Aise kaise chale gaye akela chhod ke?

Neil: Akela chhod ke nahi gaye. I am here.

Har dafa wahi
Jaadu hota hai tu jo mile
Ho… sab sanwar jaata hai
Yaara andar mere…
Ik lamhe mein kitni
Yaadein ban jaati hain
Main itna hansti hoon
Aankhen bhar aati hai
Mainu ishq tera lae dooba
Haan ishq tera lae dooba

Mini: Oh come on Mini! Phir se shuru mat ho jaa. Pehle hi pata nahi kya kya bol diya tune stage pe Neil ko imagine karke. Not again.

Neil: I liked whatever you said by the way.

Mini: Preet ko call karti hoon.

He took the phone from her hand.

Neil: What happened? Itna imagine karti ho tum mujhe? Aur kab se, will you please tell?

Mini: Tum sach mein ho?

Neil: Aur nahi toh kya? Taare todne nahi gaya tha mai. Deal final karni thi, ho gayi and I am back.

Mini: 😶

Neil: How amazing you are looking with this award!! Absolutely perfect. ❤️

She became emotional. He placed his palm on her cheek. She closed her eyes and hugged him. He hugged her back and caressed her hair lightly.

Mini: Mujhe laga ki shayad tum nahi ho, sirf mujhe hi dikh rahe ho

Neil: Aisa tab hota hai when you miss someone terribly. Were you missing me? Aaj jhuth mat bolna, otherwise be ready.

Mini: Kis liye?

Neil: 1 kilo namak, right?

Mini: I hate you.

Neil: I hate you too. Ab sach bolo.

Mini: Yes, I missed you, happy? Chalo ghar.

Neil: Very happy. By the way, deal final ho gayi hai. Everything is settled.

The story will end this week. The last part (Friday's part) will be quite lengthy.

Happy reading. ❤️