Part 70- Houseboats and way lost!

Neil: I think awaaz bhi wahin se aa rahi hai.

Mini: Let's go and check.

She started walking towards the place.

Neil: Mini wait! Don't you think hum kaafi dur aa gaye hain?

Mini: Haan toh? Mai hoon naa tumhare saath. Karate black belt ke saath hote huye bhi you are afraid.

Neil: What? God!! Fine, chalo.

They reached the place and it was a beautiful lake with houseboats all over and fireworks in the sky. The scene felt like heaven on Earth.

Mini: Oh my goodness! Matarani! How beautiful this place is!

Neil: Indeed.

Mini: So, Chef Neil Oberoi, what do you say?

Neil: Am I supposed to say something? Let's go. Itna acha view dekhne ke baad koi yahan kaise khada reh sakta hai?

They went on one of the houseboats. The beautiful environment, the place, the weather with two beautiful souls felt like eternal bliss.

Mini: You know what, mujhe humesha se aisa environment, aise places bahot attract karte hain, jahan peacefully time spend kiya sake.

Neil: Absolutely.

Mini: Tumhe neend nahi aa rahi?

Neil: Nahi, kyun?

Mini: Tumhe sona pasand hai naa, that's why.

Neil: Mini Madam, woh tab jab mere paas koi kaam nahi hota. Aur pasand hai kaa kya matlab? Bol toh aise rahi ho jaise khud "early to bed and early to rise" wala concept follow karti ho.

Mini: Oh Hello, what do you mean?

Neil: I mean exactly what I'm saying. Remember the days, when I used to wake you up, woh bhi apni subah ki neend chhod kar.

Mini: I remember, Chef Neil Oberoi.😏

After a few minutes of silence, he started humming a song.

Mini: What are you humming? Sing it loudly.

Neil: Aapka hukum sar aankhon par, Mini Madam.

Mere rang mein rangne wali
Pari ho ya ho pariyo ki Rani
Ya ho meri prem kahani
Mere sawalon ka jawaab do, do na!
Bolo na kyun yeh chaand sitare
Taqte hain yun mukhde ko tumhaare
Bolo na kyun yeh chaand sitare
Taqte hain yun mukhde ko tumhaare
Choo ke badan ko hawaa kyon mehki
Raat bhi hai kyun behki behki
Mere sawalon ka jawaab do, do na!

She smiled at him and put her head on his shoulder. The happiness in their hearts and serenity on their faces was enhancing the beauty of the moment.

Mini: Neil, have a look over there.

She pointed out towards the other side of the lake, where the brave soldiers of the army were standing, performing their duties.

Mini: They go through so much, be it rough weathers, terrifying situations and still perform continuous duties.

Neil: And that too, to keep all of us safe. Apni family se dur rehte hain, humari family ki security ke liye.

Mini: I was thinking, ab hum idhar aaye hi hain toh, let's go and meet some of them. Let's make them feel better, feel good.

Neil: Amazing idea. Don't know kab se yeh log apni family se dur hain. They will love it. But..

Mini: But?

Neil: I think we should leave now. Kaafi late ho gaya hai and we are way too far from the resort. Wapas jaane mein hi bahot time lag jayega.

Mini: Yeah correct. Let's go.

They started walking towards the resort. But then they noticed that the road from which they had come, was blocked.

Neil: Yeh road kaise block ho gayi. Hum yahin se toh aaye the.

Mini: There must be some other way. Par reason kya hai?

Neil: Don't know. Let's try and find some other way.

They went towards the other side. There were bushes and trees all around the place.

Mini: Waise maine kabhi nahi socha tha ki mai kisi jungle mein fas jaungi, woh bhi tumhare saath.

Neil: Woh bhi tumhare saath matlab?

Mini: Matlab, jab hum mile the, I used to think ki tum ek number ke sadiyal, khadus aur akdu insaan ho.

Neil: Me?

Mini: Yes you. Kyunki pura din tumhari chik chik hi band nahi hoti thi.

Neil: Excuse me! Tum bhi kam nahi ho madam.

Mini: Oh really?

Neil: Shh.. I think I heard something again.

Mini: And I think you have super powers, 10km dur ki awaazein bhi sunn lete ho.

Neil: No but, this was close.

Mini: Arrey yaar, abhi tum raasta dhundo. Yahan par toh GPS bhi kaam nahi karta.

..: Kyunki yahan, raste hum banate hain.

They both looked back. They were terrorists. Neil held Mini's hand.

Mini: Neil..

Terrorist: Batao inhe, raat ko aise ghumne kaa kya inaam milta hai.

They came closer to both of them. But, because they both knew how to fight and save themselves, they started fighting with them. Amidst the kicks and punches, suddenly they heard the sound of bullet. Neil and Mini looked at each other, shocked.

Who shot whom? Comment down.

Happy Birthday to SRJ and happy reading. ❤️