Part 38- Neil's love and pain

The staff took both the girls inside. Neil had to wait outside. After some time, the doctors came out.

Doctor: Blood loss hua hai kaafi, humne operation kar diya hai, but condition is critical. Sukhpreet ki injuries puri body par ek jaisi hain, it will be easy for her but Mini...

Neil: What doctor?

Doctor: She was badly stabbed, jiski wajah se blood loss kaafi ho gaya hai aur jab tak woh theek nahi hota tab tak we can't supply her with more blood.

Neil: Kab tak theek ho jayegi Mini?

Doctor: Let her gain her consciousness. Tabhi pata chal payega ki recovery kaisi hai. What is your relation with her?

Meri qismat ke har ek panne pe
Mere jeete jee, baad marne ke
Mere har ek kal, har ek lamhe mein
Tu likh de mera use
Har kahani mein, saare kisson mein
Dil ki duniya ke, sache rishton mein
Zindgani ke saare hisson me
Tu likh de mera use
Aye Khuda, jab bana Uska hi bana...

Neil: I.. I am her.. friend.

Doctor: Aap inke ghar par phone kar dijiye, inki family se koi aa jaye toh aap ghar chale jayiyega.

He left. Neil was broken.

Neil: Call her family? Uski family toh..

He sat down on the bench. Tears were flowing from his eyes. After some time, both were shifted to private wards. Treatment was still going on. Neil was looking at her from the window.

Nurse: Aap payment kar dijiye, reception pe.

Neil went to the reception.

Neil: How much do I have to pay? Patient is Mini Babita.

Receptionist: Abhi ke liye 50,000, baaki baad mein.

Neil: 50,000.. Can I pay you after some time?

Receptionist: Okay.

He wasn't able to think of any option. He didn't have any money.

Neil: Itni toh meri salary bhi nahi hai. God.. kaise lau itne paise. Oh yes, my fixed deposit..

Mere hisse ki khushi ko hasi ko
Tu chahe aadha kar
Chahe lele tu meri zindagi
Par yeh mujhse vaada kar
Uske ashqo pe gamo pe dukho pe
Har uske zakhm par
Hakk mera hi rahe har jagah
Har ghadi haan umr bhar
Ab faqat ho yehi
Woh rahe mujhme hi
Ho juda kehne ko
Bichre naa par kabhi...

He rushed towards the bank. After the payment, he came back near her room and looked from the window. All her cuts, wounds were bandaged and drips were injected into her hand. His heart pierced at the mere thought of her pain.

Neil: What is this Mini? I irritate you, iska matlab yeh nahi that you will take revenge on me. This is tearing me, like never before.

The doctors came out.

Doctor: Aap abhi tak gaye nahi? Aur inki family se bhi koi nahi aaya.

Neil: I am her family. Can I meet her now doctor?

Doctor: She is still unconscious. But you can go.

Uska hoon usme hoon use hoon
Ussi ka rehne de
Mai toh pyasa hoon hai dariya
Woh zariya woh jeene ka mere
Mujhe ghar se gali de sheher de
Ussi ke naam ke
Kadam yeh chale yaa ruke
Ab ussi ke vaaste
Dil mujhe de agar, dard de uska par
Uski ho woh hasi, gunje jo mera ghar...

He left. Neil went inside and closed the door. He sat beside her and was about to hold her hand but stopped because of the drips inserted into her hand. His hands were trembling.

Neil: I am dying to hear your voice

Neil: I am dying to hear your voice. Just get well soon. I am missing you.

His sight fell on her wounded feet. The toe rings he had gifted her, were still there. He removed and put them into his pocket.

Neil: I will make you wear these again. Bas tum jaldi se theek ho jao. I hate you for doing this to me. This is so unfair.

He sat on the chair kept beside her bed and put his head near her stomach. Soon he slept.

After a few hours, Mini woke up and saw him lying there. She could feel the pain he must be going through for the last few hours. A mere thought of something similar happening to him made her soul shiver. She kept her hand on his head and caressed his hair lightly.

Her touch gave him instant comfort, even in his sleep

Her touch gave him instant comfort, even in his sleep. But he woke up soon, realising that she has got back her consciousness. He looked at her intensely, with eyes full of tears with mixed emotions. She smiled, to comfort him, because she wasn't in the state of speaking anything.

Neil: Why did you do this to me? I felt as if someone snatched away my soul. Aaj ke baad, aisa kuch karne ki koshish bhi mat karna. Do you understand?

Mini: Aisi.. condition mein bhi daantoge?

Neil: Shh... Don't say anything. I won't let anything happen to you.

He touched his forehead with her's. She smiled.

Happy reading

Happy reading. ❤️