teenage dreams!

kie-

"oh my god," i exclaim, bending down to pick up the baby. the baby has pale skin and whisps of brown hair. it lets out a small coo, wriggling in my arms. "i wonder who it belongs to," jj ponders, looking inside the box. "there's a note." jj picks up a piece of paper out of the box. he unwraps the paper, combing his hair out of his face.

i stare at jj for a little too long, and he looks at me in confusion. i shake my head and point my head at the letter. "read it!" i command, before jj gives me a small nudge. "you're so bossy," he jokes. i roll my eyes.

jj begins to read the note.

dear kooks,

this is my baby who i leave to you. he doesn't have a name yet. he is two months old. give him a good life, for i can't afford to give him his needs and desires. god bless you.

jj stops, looking at me. "we should probably take him to an adoption center," i remark, looking at the small baby. he's got to be at most two months old. "and risk him being put in a bad home? hell no. i think we should keep him." jj argues, taking the baby from me. he lets out a small whine. my heart instantly melts. "okay, i agree. he needs a name." i say, giving him a kiss on his forehead.

"how about you pick the first name, and i pick the middle." jj checks, before the baby let's out a cry. "i think that river is perfect for him." i take him from jj, and walk around the house. "personally, i think that jackson would be a better first name, but it's your choice. i was going to say pope for his middle name." jj shrugs, walking back to my room. i follow him slowly, my feet slapping on the tile floor. "well, how about we make jackson his first name and river his middle name." i sit down on my bed, as stephen curry makes a three-point basket.

"that sounds good. so which of our last names will he take?" i say, before jj stares at me intently. "both?" he questions, as jackson begins to cry. loud too.

"jj, go get some milk from the fridge," i demand, rocking jackson. he jumps up from the bed, then looks at me in confusion. "cant you just, you know," he points to his nipples, then his mouth. "are you saying that you think that i can breastfeed this baby when i haven't even been pregnant?" i ask frantically, looking at jj in disappointment. "you just want to see my tits," i roll my eyes, jackson's wails getting louder. "you're right." jj laughs, winking. my face heats up. what would it be like if jj did see them? he jogs down the hallway.

he comes back with some milk in a one of those gatorade sport bottles. "we've definitely got to get some bottles." jj says, handing me to bottle. carefully, i put the bottle in jackson's mouth, opening his eyes, looking at me and jj. jackson has deep blue eyes, and pushes the bottle away. i  burp him by putting him on my  shoulder and patting his back. he lets out a small burp, and i switch him to my other arm. he sticks his tongue out, showing us his toothless mouth. he opens his mouth to yawn. "aww, big yawn," i make a pouty lip and look up at jj.

jj-

kiara looks up at me, and we freeze. we close the distance between each other. i put my hand on her cheek. her lips are soft, and she doesn't resist it. jackson lets out a another cry, breaking us up. i gulp and take jackson from kie and sit on the other side of the bed. kiara sits there silent. until she says, "pope asked me out today."

      "and what did you say?" i look down at jackson, bouncing him until he falls asleep. "i said yes." kiara looks down in her lap, ashamed. "and you're just now telling me this, kie? i just kissed my best friend's girlfriend!" i lash, and jackson wakes up and screams. "oh fuck," i mumble, standing up and trying shush jackson. "i didn't know what to do, jj! i'm sorry!" she cries, tears falling down her face. i sigh, as jackson quiets down. "come 'ere," i embrace kiara in a hug, as she sobs in my shoulder. she pulls back, pushing a straw curl behind her ear. "but i don't like pope," she says, looking down at her feet, then at me. "i like you, jj."