bottles, oranges, and binkies oh my!

jj-

     kiara's words make me stare at her. jackson's asleep now. "but-why in the hell would you say yes to pope asking you out if you have-" i point at myself. "feelings for me?" kie sighs softly, getting under her comforter and laying jackson down softly on his back. "pope invited me to his house, and all his family was there. they where like, threatening me with their eyes. it would make me seem like the bad guy if i said no." kiara lies down, holding jackson's small hand.

kiara-

it was wrong of me to say yes to pope. he's perfect and everything that a girl would want him, but jj, i just don't know. i've always had a crush on him, and now i never want to be away from him.

i yawn, and go to the sink and brush my teeth. jj joins me in the bathroom, picking up his extra toothbrush. he brushes his teeth. i lay down in my bed and fall asleep, the tv still blaring espn and the aftermath of the game.

jj-

jackson and kie are both asleep, so i turn off the lights and the tv. i walk around the house and turn off all of the other lights as well. i'm so goddamn tired, so i fall asleep on her living room couch.

at about 3 am, jackson begins to cry. i come to the rescue, right before i bumped my knee on the wall. "fuck!" i curse, jumping to kie's room. it hurt like a bitch.

         kiara stirs in her sleep, so i pick him up and bounce him. i think he needs to be changed. so, i find a heavy pad in kiara's closet and slap that into a pair of raggedy shorts. i use the drawstring in the shorts to make them tight enough for him, and place him back in the blue onesie and blanket he was in. i plop down in kiara's couch in her room, falling asleep again.

at 5 am, he's up again, but kiara's got him. she picks him up, shushes him, and he instantly falls asleep. i give her a sleepy smile, then fall right back asleep.

when i wake up, i see sunshine right in my face from the lack of curtains in kie' bed room. the waves and seagulls below her house make it real peaceful. i sit up and stretch. that chair is better than my bed at home! i look at kiara's alarm clock. it's 1 o'clock? wow, i've basically slept the whole day away.

kiara and jackson are not in bed, i venture out into the kitchen. pope sits on the couch, eyeing me suspiciously. "why did you come out of kie's bedroom?" he interrogates, standing up. i rub my eyes. "calm your tits. i got drunk last night and kiara had to monitor me so that i didn't die." i lie, as pope's face softens. "oh," he looks down at his feet. "speaking of kiara, where is she? i was supposed to meet her for lunch." i shrug, going to kiara's fridge and getting some orange juice. i was about to lift the carton to my mouth when kiara walks through the door, jackson in a carrier, with  bags in hand. kie wears ripped jean shorts and a white cropped tank top with fringe on the ends. her hair is in a messy bun, and she has her signature converse on. she looks adorable, her face glittering from the sun.

     "hey guys! and jj maybank i know you aren't about to drink my orange juice out of the carton." she sets jackson down, and pope stares at her in disbelief. i quickly down some orange juice before kiara throws an orange at me.

        "ow! what the fuck," i groan, holding my head. i grab a glass for pope and i. i pour the juice, and walk to the couch and hand it to pope.  "who's baby is that?" pope pipes up, lifting the glass to his lips and taking a sip. i rub the side of head where kiara threw the orange at me. "mine." kiara shrugs.

          pope spits out his orange juice, then starts choking. i slap his back, and he continues to cough. "oh my god, pope! are you okay? breathe!" kiara exclaims, placing her hand on his back. "christ, man," i say, laughing. pope lets out a final cough, then looks at kiara. "did you say that it was your baby?" pope says, surprised. "yeah. he's mine." kiara laughs, walking back to jackson and picking him up.

jackson smiles, his eyes closed. "since when do you have a baby? and who's the dad!" pope yells, then glaring at me. "since yesterday. someone dropped him off at her doorstep during the storm." i inform, not realizing i blew my lie about being drunk. and i didn't tell him that i was the dad. he would have definitely gone crazy. luckily, pope's too angry to realize that i slipped up. at least i think he is.

             kiara quietly giggles, turning around. "i need some time to think. i'll see you later, kie." pope storms out of the house. "i'll clean up the orange juice spit." i offer, getting a towel and wiping it off of the fire place. "thank you," she sashays down the hallway, giggling even more.

      once i finish doing that, i hear kiara in the hallway, probably putting jackson's stuff up. i follow the noise, seeing jackson down for his nap on her bed. kiara must be across the hallway, in the guest room.