intoxication for beginners (from an experienced minor)

casey-

         hi. i'm rue casey lily.  i have two sisters. marlee, who's eight, and kendall, who's twenty-two.

       yeah. kendall's twenty two.

         but she's crazy. crazy manipulative, crazy scary, crazy evil, goes crazy if something doesn't go her way.

        and if we try to intervene, we gain another bruise.

       including my parents.

       i fucking hate my sister.

       i have to protect the pogues from her.

       because once she finds what she wants, she'll do anything to get that.

       no matter who or what she destroys.

kiara-

sarah and i leave my bedroom, and pope, john b, and jj are collectively struggling to put the rash guard and swim trunks on jackson, as he cries. i quickly slip on some sandals and walk into the room. "what the hell is going on?" i ask, and casey and kendall come out of the guest bedroom.

           all of their heads snap to me, and silence ensues. "we put this rash guard on, but," jj looks down at jackson. "it didn't exactly happen." john b finishes. i roll my eyes and simply put the shirt on him, and laugh, as all of the boys look at me, dumbfounded.

"how did you-"

       "come on, we have to go get some boards from the garage." i say, handing the board wax to jj, picking up jackson. we walk through the kitchen, then to the garage door that hides in the laundry room.

           i open the door, turning on the lights to show everyone my pretty much useless garage. i park my car outside, so my garage just holds my surfboards, bike, skateboards, scooters, boxes, and other shit. "grab a board," i allow, putting jackson in a little stroller thingy, pulling my board off of the rack, and everyone else grabs one as well, and i click the opener, sunlight spilling into the garage.

      "race you!" pope challenges, shoving jj backward, taking out of the garage. "what the fuck!" jj whines playfully, running after him. "hey! wait for me, assholes!" casey says, dashing to catch up with them.

      i shake my head. sarah, jackson, john b, kendall, and i walk out of the garage calmly. well, you know, with me pushing jackson in the stroller after i gave my board to john b, since the baby can't walk yet.

       when we make it to the beach, jj, pope, and casey are already in the water, paddling out. "can one of you teach me how to surf?" kendall asks, and sarah and i look at john b. john b's a better surfer than me, even through i'm the stronger swimmer. i won't tell that to his face though. it'll go to his already big head.

       "guess that's me." john b grinned, winking. he grabbed kendall's arm softly, taking about how to paddle out safely. "you can go on if you want to," i told sarah, bouncing jackson who was becoming fussy. "eh, i didn't really feel like surfing anyway. you want me to go take your board back to the garage?" sarah offers,  holding her hand out. "yeah, thank you. grab that beach umbrella and a few snacks for when they get out. oh, and a bottle for jackson."
sarah nods, smiling. "got it." she grabs my board, walking back up the beach. as she walks down, i notice a little girl walking down. she has dirty blonde hair and freckles, along with tan skin. she dons a purple rash guard with tie dye shorts, and had a small surfboard tucked under her arm.