if only we could save everyone

jj-

kiara calls pope, john b, and sarah. "casey's in the hospital, and jackson needs to go home," she talks on the phone, and jackson whines in my arms. a nurse walks up to us. she has caramel skin, freckles, and long red hair. "are you here with casey lily?" she asks calmly, as kiara and i stand up. "okay. the nurse is here, i'll call you back." kiara hangs up the phone.

"let's walk," the nurse says simply, leading us down the hallway.

john b-

it's 11 o'clock when kiara calls me. sarah is asleep beside me, cuddled into my body. "hello?" i answer, my voice raspy. "jb? i'm going to add you to the call with pope. is sarah with you?" she inquires, her voice slightly shaking. "yeah, what's up?" i tap sarah awake, and she groans.

   "what the fuck do you want?" she complains. "sarah, something's wrong with kiara and jj," i inform her, and she sits up, turning the lamp on, snatching the phone from me.  "kie, what's wrong?" sarah cameron questions, putting the phone on speaker. "casey's in the hospital, and jackson needs to go home," kiara speaks. i hear pope's sheets rustling. "i'm on the way. gonna need a ride," he says, and sarah gets up, throwing me some converse. "okay, the nurse is here, i'll call you back." kiara hangs up, and pope is left on the line.

    "john b, come and pick me up," pope commands. "alright, we're on our way," sarah confirms, as we both rush out the door, keys in my pocket.

kiara-

the nurse leads us to a room, with a table and chairs. "your friend has suffered severe injuries. all indicating abuse and assault," a doctor sits in one of the chairs. she taps her fingers quickly. the nurse takes a seat beside her. "she sustained several bruises to her arms, legs, and stomach. she was stabbed in the stomach, and has a mild concussion."
the nurse scratches her face through her mask. "are you all hitting your frie-"

   "no. w-w-we would never hurt casey like that. i have experienced domestic violence for ten years from my dad," jj confesses emotionally, his voice wavering.

     "i am so sorry, sir," the doctor grabs jj's hand softly. "do you think you know who could have done this to her? anyone?" the nurse asks, looking at me, then to jj.

      i look at jj, and he nods. 

      "her sister, kendall casey."

john b-

     sarah and i scramble to get out of bed. sarah had the keys in her pocket by now. i blindly grab two pairs of shoes for the both of us, while sarah puts on a sweatshirt. "sarah, we have to go!" i yell, then just pick her up and run to the car.

     we drive to pope's house, where he is waiting in the driveway. "pope!" i whisper, and pope dashes to the van.

     "drive as fast as you fucking can." pope says seriously, as i step on the gas.

        we make it to mary eliza mahoney hospital, and basically throw ourselves out of the van, running as fast as our legs can take us.

     "excuse me, you three need masks," a nurse says at the front desk, her glasses down to peer at us.  "yes ma'am," i say, and grab three masks, i put on one, and pass the other two to pope and sarah cameron.

     "can you tell me the location of rue casey lily? our friends came in with her, and they are new parents that need to get home," pope starts, drumming his fingers on the counter.