parents aint around enough

connor-

        i slam my fists against my desk. marissa shrinks away, fear on her face. "how many damn times have i told you? stop. entering. my. room!" i throw a picture frame at the doorframe. she dodges it, wincing.

      "i was telling you that you have a letter, and a package from kiara." she whispers, her shaking, fifteen-year-old hands holding a light blue envelope and a cardboard box. i stand up, walking around the desk to her.

       i snatch the items, as marissa shivers. "thanks, darling. now get the hell out." i snap, but not before kissing her on the head. she lets out a whimper, choking out a sob. marissa walks back down the hallway, and i roll my eyes.

     families are so annoying. especially mine. mother is always out of the house or at sergio's house, father is at nancy's all the time or at a business dinner.

vance is always trying to succeed at something, so he's out of the house. isla always has some sport to play, and izze always has some broad or boy to break her heart.

marissa is just always crying about something, or complaining about everything. bates is my favorite. he doesn't talk at all. probably because he's the only one i was able to train. he used to be a really whiny baby, but that changed when i got a hold of him.

      i open the letter, excited to see my girl. i've seen her around town with that stupid pogue baby and that even dumber blond pogue. it's better than when she was with that darkie one. i unfold the paper, seeing kiara's neat handwriting.

choke on glass.

-love, kiara isabel carrera :)

i crumble up the paper, pick up a vase, and throw it at the way, the colored glass shattering everywhere.

"connor? what was that?" i hear vance call out, his voice getting closer. "snap your neck, and maybe i'll tell you!" i bite, knowing that he hates me too.

in this house, we all wish we were related to different people.