trauma

jj-

        i wake up in kiara's bed, yawning. i stretch, groaning. last night was a shit show. my head aches, and i'm really hungry, but at the same time i'm not. i hear john b and sarah talking, laughing, but no kiara.

      she must still be asleep. she did stay up all night to make sure i got to bed, and i locked her out of her own room. i just need to be alone. i hear a knock at the door. "j, i've got brunch at the door." kiara says, the soft pat of her feet on the tile going into jackson's room. i look at the alarm clock. it's twelve. i turn on kiara's tv, finding a cartoon to watch. i pick danny phantom, and start the first season.

       i get up to get the food, and unlock the door. kiara is sitting on a mattress on jackson's floor, playing with him. i look down and speedily grab the food, closing the door back, locking it back.

       i sigh, turning danny, tucker, and sam up on the tv, scarfing down the food that i didn't take the time to look at.

       i pick up my phone from the charger that kie let me borrow yesterday, and look at my notifications. i unlock it and discover two new follows, one from casey, and one from kendall.

       i throw my phone, and turn the volume up to its loudest setting, flipping the covers over my head, and hoping to forget her.