rehab (winter in paris, texas)

kiara-

i lead kendall into the house, and another girl that looks like kendall knocks on the doorway.

          "um, come in?" jj responds, stuffing his face with bacon.

        "hey, is my sister kendall in here? i'm rue lily, but you can call me casey," she walks to me and sticks her hand out to shake. i move jackson around to shake it back. the girl has a voice like a 50-year-old smoker. but she didn't look like it at all.

     "kiara. and that's jj," i point to jj, and he sticks more bacon in his mouth, stopping to wave at her. "you're gonna choke, bro," john b chuckles, going in my fridge to get some beer. "really, john b?" sarah asks, looking at him in annoyance. "it's 11 a.m!" sarah tries to reason, as john b pops the beer open. "hey, it's five o'clock somewhere, amirite?" john b jokes, and jj high fives him.

          "that's john b," i nod my head at the idiot, then nod my head at sarah. "and that's sarah cameron." sarah smiles. "sarah cameron. nice to meet you guys." casey shakes sarah's hand.

kendall glares at casey, then at me. "who's baby is it?" she finally pipes up, her face flushed. "kie and i are raising him. his name is jackson," jj muffles through bacon. "jj, can you be any more rude? close your goddamn mouth! no one wants to see that," i scold, and jj immediately swallows all the bacon, then comes over to give me a playful kiss on the cheek. "sorry, m'lady," he exaggerates, bowing like a prince. i roll my eyes.

"all of you guys seem really cool. it's nice to meet you guys." casey compliments, a tongue piercing appearing throughout her speech.

"if you want, you can join us for breakfast. i was gonna give kendall advice for high school." i offer, standing up. jackson starts to get fussy, so i move him to my shoulder. "here, kie. i'll take him. he's probably ready for his first nap and a new change of clothes." jj says, taking him from me and walking down the hallway.

       kendall's eyes follow jj down the hallway.

       "sounds great! i haven't eaten since 9 last night." casey rubs her hands together hungrily. john b starts a conversation with her.

       "what have you guys been doing that makes you not answer the phone?" pope barges in the house, panting. "did you run here?" john b asks, and casey looks up at pope, smiling. pope grins back.

           i hope they like each other. the whole thing yesterday sucked.

      "i was calling to say that i needed a ride! ooh, bacon!" pope closes the door, and jj walks back into the kitchen with jackson in a navy short-sleeved onesie with stars on it.

     i get up from the table to get some food, and kendall gets up as well, taking her jacket off.

"i would like some food." she says simply, stepping in front of me. jj walks to stand beside me. she drops a fork, looking back at jj.

"can you pick that up for me?" she asks, picking up a plate. i pick it up for her and she grumbles.

what the hell is wrong with this bitch?