all i wanna do is has some fun

A LITTLE MORE THAN TWO MONTHS LATER

kiara-

     so, the last time you checked in on the pogues, we were dealing with an actual sociopath that caused shit to be absolutely crazy.

well, now she's in prison, and the lily family is living their best lives (since marlee's birth. they told us their whole story.) casey and marlee's parents even apologized for everything, and offered to pay for everything, from therapist bills, destruction of property, our trauma, anything kendall or any physical memories of her. they are actually super nice people.

     well, they paid for the window she broke and some new sheets and a comforter (jj chose the new theme for the room. it's going to be light teal.) but, we are always going to remember kendall, even though she was with us for a short amount of time.

     she's certainly going to be remembered by me and jj. especially for all the shit she's responsible for causing.

    but for now, we're celebrating jackson's fourth month on earth, and everyone's left the house. it's just me and jj, since john b and sarah decided to babysit for us.

     casey and pope have cozied up. i mean, i've never seen pope so happy, and casey so free. they are basically the same person, always ready for a new adventure. they practically go everywhere together. it's sweet that something good actually came out of this situation.

jj and i are watching love and monsters, clutching the shared blanket as dylan o'brien battles apocalyptic bugs. "dude! get up and save your fucking dog! geez, he's so dumb!" jj yells at the tv, standing up. we probably shouldn't have watched an action or adventure movie, because every time we do, jj scolds the character through the tv, and he stays angry at the character for weeks. he even goes as far as holding a grudge against the actor or actress.

i just laugh and let him do his thing. it won't help if i try and intervene.

CRASH!

we jump off the couch, as jj holds my hand. "what was that?" i whisper, as jj shrugs, on high alert. "i think it came from the guest room," he says, holding me close. slowly, we tiptoe down the hallway. jj picks a fire poker from a bucket i have, holding all my fireplace stuff. we turn back to back, as i grab the softball bat i keep on a string in my room.

we make it to the guest room, where the sliding glass door shattered, a rock in the floor. the cold, september night air whooshes into the room, making the floor tile freezing. there's a envelope placed neatly on the bed, as i grab it. jj pulls out his phone, dialing 911.

     it's a kook letter, scarlet wax sealed, but with a chrysanthemum stamped in the wax. i open it, the expensive paper touching my fingertips. "what's it say?" jj questions, looking at my hands as i unfold it.

ain't out of the woods yet, pogues. watch your back.

       i read, recognizing the stamp, but now that i've seen the handwriting, i know who we are dealing with.

      i sigh, angry. "you know who it is, don't you," jj figures out, taking the letter from me. i nod, sitting down on the bed.

     sitting down on the bed, jj slides his arm around me. "it's connor stanley. he's part of the second richest family in town," i admit, rubbing my face.

     "he's obsessive, and has lots of people to do his dirty work. and," i stand up, curling my toes when i walk on the cold tile again.

      "he just happens to be my ex-boyfriend."