Chapter 13

As I drive Gemini is in the back seat flipping through my CD collection. It's the one thing I was thankful wasn't in my old car when I wrecked, knowing my luck I would have landed on the disc case and broke all the discs. Luckily my Impala was just a standard tape player stereo so I never needed my CD's in my old car but my jeep has a six disc CD changer. Jàime is in the passenger seat sitting silently.

"Papa Roach?" Gemini asks then laughs as if it were a band to be embarrassed about to listen to.

"They have some awesome tunes." I say.

"I can agree with that statement and I don't even really like any rock type genres." Jàime says.

"See." I laugh as I look back at Gemini in the rear view mirror.

"Asking Alexandria? That's a band you don't see a lot of these days." Gemini says.

"What can I say. The one thing that doesn't change in my life is my music." I say.

"So what is your all time favorite song?" Gemini asks.

"I have too many to list them all." I say.

"Okay, favorite band?" Gemini asks. I look at her and squeeze my eyebrows together as if I'm trying to think then I raise a brow at her.

"Too many to list them all, got it." Gemini says.

"Okay, if you had only one band that you were allowed to listen to for the rest of your life, what would it be?" Jàime asks.

"Halestorm?" Gemini asks as she flips through my CD's. "In this Moment?", "I Prevail?", "Skillet?" "Black Veil Brides?", "Pierce the Veil? What one just from that list?" Gemini asks.

"That's a hard one. But if I had to choose I'd definitely say it was a close one between I Prevail, Pierce the Veil and Black Veil Brides, Andy Biersack is fine as hell." I say.

"Okay I'll narrow it down." Gemini says. "Avenged Sevenfold or Falling in Reverse?" Gemini asks.

"Shit. I don't know. M. Shadows is hot, Ronnie Radke is a dick but he's still cute, Falling in Reverse has some amazing songs. So does Avenged though. Can I pass?" I ask.

"Fine." Gemini says. "How about Billie Eilish or Post Malone?" Gemini asks.

"That's not the same genre as what Gem usually listens to but if I know her, she would definitely go with Billie." Jàime laughs jokingly.

"Don't be telling all my secrets, Jàime." I say jokingly.

"Alright, Alright. Billie, I get. She is a bad ass." Gemini says as she connects her phone to my stereo.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"The top is down, it's a beautiful night and we're gonna crank this bitch and sing along to what ever song I put on." Gemini says.

"You guys can. I'm not." Jàime laughs.

"I'm not either." I say with a chuckle.

"Oh, loosen up and live a little." Gemini says as she turns the volume up and starts singing to me and Jàime. We both laugh. Jàime caves and sings along. Lollipop is playing, it's the version by Framing Hanley. I see Gemini and Jàime laughing and having fun. I laugh then start to sing along quietly.

"Come on, Gemma! Sing it! I know you can sing louder than that!" Jàime shouts over the music. I shake my head at her.

"I'm driving Jàime!" I say to her.

"Fine, fine, party pooper!" Jàime shouts.

We pull up to a red light. In the moment, I don't notice Kaden and Dane are stopped at the light to the left of me. I decide to give in and sing with the ladies so I belt the lyrics like it's no one's business. Half way through I look over and see Kaden in the passenger seat, Dane in the drivers seat of his car and they're both looking at me smirking. I feel mortified. It's kind of a dirty song so I immediately stop singing then sink down in my seat.