Chapter 42

I go back up to my room and lay down on my bed. Just as I fall asleep I hear someone open my door and come in.

"Hey, you awake?" I hear Damien ask.

"Yeah." I say as I sleepily as I sit up on my elbows.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Is it ok if I sleep in here?" Damien asks. I chuckle.

"You don't sleep, Damien." I say.

"Okay. You've got a point. Can I just lay with you until you fall asleep?" Damien asks.

"Sure. But I get the feeling that's not why you came up here." I say.

"You're right. I came to strip you down and please you." Damien says jokingly. I smirk and shake my head at him then motion for him to come lay on the bed. He follows my gesture and lays down next to me.

"So what's really on your mind?" I ask him.

"I know my dad, Lucifer, is evil. I know the things he's capable of and while he deserves to die, I still find myself torn about it. I'm gonna do what I have to do. Of course. But I just keep thinking maybe there is another way." Damien says.

"But what other options are there?" I ask.

"We're you serious when you said we could get married?" Damien asks.

"If we did, and I take the throne, he will be powerless. Just an ordinary Demon." Damien says.

"If we did, who's to say he doesn't find a loophole and over throw you?" I ask.

"There's always you. If he somehow manages to over throw me, you're still Queen. Hell would be yours. He can't match up to the power you have so he will never be able to take you out." Damien says.

"Then I'd have to stay there and if not, I'd have to constantly watch my back and question everyone's intentions." I say.

"Yeah, you're right. Even though you already do that now." Damien chuckles. I hit him playfully in the chest then chuckle.

"We could strip his powers." I say.

"He will just get them back somehow. That's already been done before." Damien says.

"If you don't want to be part of this, I get it. I'm not asking you to. So if you need to sit this out then just let me know." I say. Damien lays his head on my stomach, throws his arm over my hips and sighs.

"I know. It's just something I have to think about." Damien says. I run my fingers through his dark hair, twisting and playing with it. He goes silent.

"What ever you do is what you have to do. I'll understand. Just let me know, okay?" I ask. He stays quiet.

"Damien?" I ask. Still no answer.

I slightly sit up and notice he's asleep. Which it confuses me because Damien doesn't sleep. As long as I've known him he never has. I lay there for a moment and make sure he's breathing. When I see he is and he just really is sleeping, I then fall asleep.

The next morning when I wake up I notice Damien is still sleeping. I hear someone down in the kitchen. I can smell coffee and something cooking. Bacon. I slink out of bed, carefully, trying not to wake Damien. I open my door quietly then close it behind me softly. I head down the stairs and see Jenise cooking.

"I hope you don't mind?" Jenise asks me as I sit down on a stool at the counter island.

"Not at all." I say.

"Saw you creeping out of your room, what was that about? If you don't mind me asking." Jenise says.

"I was just trying to be quiet." I say. Jenise is pouring a cup of coffee and preparing a plate as we talk.