Chapter 4

Miles and I stand there talking for a few minutes when suddenly he says he is gonna go find Tate to see what he is up to. He was in a hurry to get away from me it seemed like, at least until I then realize it's because Kaden and Dane are walking up to me.

"What was that about?" Dane asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Did he kiss you again?" Dane asks.

"Again?" Kaden asks.

"He stopped by the other night and told her he had feelings for her then kissed her." Dane says.

"What?!" Kaden says angrily.

"Thanks for that. I don't know why you're putting my business out there." I say.

"Was it some sort of secret?" Dane asks.

"No, but it wasn't for you to tell him." I say.

"Oh, okay then, answer the question. Did he kiss you again?" Dane asks.

"Why would you ask me that? You said the other night you weren't mad about it." I say.

"That was the other night but he isn't going to be making it a habit. Why are you answering questions with questions?" Dane asks.

"Why are you on my ass right now?" I ask annoyed.

"You just did it again." Kaden says.

"Ugh. I don't have time for this." I say then cross my arms.

"So he did." Dane says.

"No! Why would you think that?" I ask.

"Why would you lie?" Dane asks.

"I'm not." I say.

"Yeah you are. I can hear it in your voice and see it in your face. Besides, Kaden and I saw him wipe your lip gloss off his bottom lip. Why do you feel like you need to lie?" Dane asks.

"Fine. I lied because you two go over the top about things." I say.

"You don't? You went over the top over quite a few things too, Gemma." Kaden says.

"Yeah, I have. You would have too if you were in my shoes." I say then I walk away angrily leaving Kaden and Dane behind. I walk over to the bar where Jàime is and talk to her.

"Trouble in paradise?" Jàime asks I roll my eyes at her then order a drink.

"So you and Mel, huh?" I ask changing the subject.

"I was gonna tell you." Jàime says.

"You don't have to tell me anything. If you're happy then I'm happy for you." I say.

"She came out, like as in everyone knows she's gay. She text me, we got talking and then went out to lunch together." Jàime says.

"If she makes you happy, then that is all that matters." I say as I sip my drink.

"So what's going on with you and Miles?" Jàime asks.

"Nothing." I say.

"I know it's not nothing." Jàime says.

"Can we talk about this later, Jàime. Like seriously, I feel like everyone is up in my business and I just need everyone to back off. Okay." I say as I whip around with my Malibu and club soda bumping into a tall man with a black masquerade mask over his eyes, spilling my drink all over him. He looks at me. I grab napkins and start drying his shirt.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there." I say as I look up at his green eyes. He takes the mask off but I knew who he was already once I really looked at him.