Chapter 18

"I'll get it." Jàime says as she notices me heading for the door. I walk over and hug Kaden and Dane. They both squeeze me.

"Gemma, It's for you." Jàime says.

"Who is it?" I ask. Jàime shrugs then looks at Kaden and Dane as if to secretly say to me that who ever it is, Kaden and Dane won't be happy about it. I look at her then go to the door and open it. I can feel Kaden and Dane watching. I can't see them but I can feel their eyes on me.

"Hey, you left your hoodie." Miles says as he hands me my hoodie.

"Thanks. Nathan told you where I live now, too?" I ask.

"Yep. So, that is why you were in such a hurry to get back, huh?" Miles asks as he makes eye contact with Kaden and Dane. I look back behind me to see Kaden and Dane are staring.

"Sorry, I know that them being around isn't easy for you." I say.

"No worries. I'll have you tomorrow morning at least, right?" Miles asks.

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow." I say. Miles smiles at me.

"Hey, Thanks again." I say.

"No problem. Next time don't be in such a hurry and you wouldn't be leaving your clothes behind." Miles jokes. I laugh.

"Bye, Miles." I say.

"Bye, Gemma." Miles says as he turns to walk away. I quietly close the door and turn around to everyone looking at me.

"Who was that?" Gemini asks.

"That would be Miles." I say.

"He's fucking hot." Gemini says. I laugh.

"You think everyone is hot, I'm beginning to wonder if you're even a lesbian." I say to her.

"I can think they're hot even if I wouldn't be with them in that way." Gemini says with a chuckle.

"You were with him all afternoon?" Jàime asks.

"Not all afternoon." I say.

"Did you forget about what we talked about?" Jàime asks me.

"He's just helping me with something." I say.

"What you talked about?" Kaden asks confused. I look at Jàime as if to warn her not to say anything. She raises her eyebrows and looks down at the floor.

"I'm just as confused as you are." Gemini says to Kaden.

"It's not a need to know basis." I say.

"Wait. You and him aren't-" Dane starts to ask but I cut him off.

"I know where you're going with that and there is no me and him. We are friends. That is it." I say.

"Make sure it stays that way." Jàime mutters under her breath.

"Obviously, Jàime. Thank you.. for reminding me because it's as if I forgot.. completely." I say annoyed.

"I'm just saying. Don't get mad at me." Jàime says. I sigh.

"I'm not mad. I just have too much going on than to worry about any relationships right now." I say.

"Ouch." Dane says.

"I didn't mean it like that. I really don't want to argue with you guys, so can we just not." I say.

"No one is arguing." Kaden says as if he's annoyed.

I growl then I walk heavily towards the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Dane asks.

"Upstairs. I need a minute alone." I shout down at them as I go into my room and close the door behind me.