chap 09

HARRY STYLES
Deimos Headquarters - Louis' House

[Deimos]
the Greek word meaning dread, or otherwise known as the Greek God who was the personification of terror

I tap my fingers against the dark wood of the conference table inside the old warehouse, men littering the place with drifting minds. Edgar woke me up at six in the morning, claiming that we had been called in for an urgent meeting immediately—he lied.

The clock has now struck nine in the morning and Elijah still hasn't arrived for the 'meeting' he so desperately needed us for. And it's not like we can leave now, Edgar won't let us.

He's like an annoying little badger that blocks the door and right now, I think a bullet would really help get rid of our issue.

Louis groans in frustration, slamming his phone down onto the table. "Anna's not answering my texts anymore."

"I wouldn't either." Niall laughs, "You text her like a worried father would."

"Because I feel like a worried father would!" Louis stands up for himself, "I think we forget that I know things you guys don't—I have the right to be worried, you guys just don't understand that yet."

I roll my eyes and Niall snorts, shaking his head at Louis' words. He's a completely different person when it comes to Annabelle, which is understandable to a point considering how close they are but even she's getting annoyed by it now.

And its very difficult to truly make Annabelle annoyed. I would know—I see Coop try to do it all the time.

"Sorry, Lou—forgot you were held to a higher power than the rest of us." Niall retorts, leaning back in his chair with his feet on the tabletop.

I shake my head at the two of them, turning my attention to the more quiet one the four of us. Cooper's eyes are trained sleepily on his phone, rocking the same beanie look as I usually do from the early morning we suffered through.

I actually think that's my beanie I've been looking for.

"So," I catch his attention, "what's going on with you and Annabelle?"

He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, setting his phone down on his lap. "What are you talking about?"

I shrug, lying to both myself and to the rest of them about the extent to which I care about the situation. "Don't know, just been seeing you flirt with her a lot more than you do anyone else. S'all."

Cooper narrows his eyes at me, leaning forward in his seat, "Harry Styles—"

I groan, throwing my head back in disappointment. "Don't say it, Cooper." I should've never asked.

I already know what he's going to say, and it's the opposite of the response I wanted from him. It's just going to stir up trouble.

"-are you jealous?" He laughs loudly, clapping his hands, "Wow, I didn't think I would live to see the day that you actually fell for someone."

"Mm," Louis glares slightly at me, disapproving only because he knows how I am and how she is, "that seems a bit... early. She's only been here a month or two—at most."