20

The crowd cheered when Elaine took the field both in support of her and the team despite the big points difference.

     Not long after their rivals scored her team had managed to score themselves making the score 20-41.

      Down by three touchdowns well into the third half the Goblins defense took the field at the thirty yard line. 

      With one final glance towards Jamie and her sister she lined up in the back field, taking note of the offense's formation. She saw that their big running back wasn't on the field. Instead they had three receivers and one tight end.

     Recalling an earlier play from the first half Elaine realized formation.

      It was a slant route with the inside receiver number 10 being the first target option. 

      As the QB went through his cadence Elaine dropped from her position making it an empty backfield look. Watching the QB like a hawk Elaine knew that he had a tendency of snapping the ball when his right and left thumb touched together.

      Knowing the rhythm of his cadence she ran up to the line just when the ball was snapped.  Squeezing herself  by the two linemen giving the Bovines QB no time to react as he was viciously tackled by Elaine for a loss behind the line.

      The crowd roared as Elaine jumped off the QB to let out a loud howl, allowing her wolf to come to the surface as a way to reinvigorate her teammates and their home crowd.

      She heard them howl back in approval, but she only cared about one. One sweet sound that made her wolf swell with pride. Her sweet little Jamie that cheered her on from the stands emphatically.

            "GO ELAINE!!" he yelled, making her smile widely as her teammates flooded her with high fives.

      For the next few plays Elaine played her assignment, sitting in the back field. On occasion she would drop down to the defensive line, threatening to sack the QB again before dropping back into coverage breaking their rhythm.

      Her off the script movements made the QB skittish and slow to throw the ball giving her D lineman enough time to sack him for a loss or force a bad throw.

      After confusing the quarterback for the rest of the third quarter, breaking up passes and throwing her opponents to the ground the offence slowed, being forced to punt and throw two interceptions and many overthrown passes.

      Forcing their fourth three and out Elaine and the Goblin's defense sat on the sidelines to watch their offence score a touchdown then after that a field goal putting them at 30-41 making it a two score game.

      The Bovines were angry now. 

      After three possessions with little to no success in their passing game thanks to Elaine and the now rejuvenated defense, they decided to go back to what got them their 41 points to start with.

      Their run game.

      Elaine and her teammates took the field in a blitz formation with Elaine playing safety in the back field. They watched as they lined up in that same formation that they did in the first half. Their running back in the backfield with a tight end to the right to add for extra blocking.

      The quarterback once again went through his cadence and the receiver that was lined up to the right motioned to the left in hopes to disguise the run as the ball was snapped.

      Elaine and the defense wasn't fooled as the large alpha was handed the ball and moved behind the safety of his blockers broke free into the open field, juking and bulldozing over her valiant teammates.

      The alpha turned up field in hopes to get to the house and regain a demanding lead.

      With  seven minuets and only one small alpha girl in his way he could score and put this game away for his team.

      He gave her credit thought as she ran at him at full speed with full intent of testing her might against his own.

            "Bring it bitch!" he growled to himself. 

      With a grunt he accepted the female alphas challenge and lowered his shoulder to drive her back.

      Jamie watched from the stands with butterflies in his stomach as the large alpha male and Elaine ran at full speed at one another. 

      Grabbing hold of his jeans in a death grip as fear took over his heart. He had seen what happened to Donnie a few plays earlier when he challenged the large alpha and lost, he didn't want that to be her.

      When the pair were about to make contact he closed his eyes and retreated into himself as the crowed went dead silent. 

      Then the heard the loudest "clunk " sound of plastic and muscle filled the air.

      The crowd was silent before they roared.

      Daring to look up Jamie saw Elaine standing triumphantly over the large alpha who laid on his back.  

      She barked something inaudible, thanks to the loud crowd, to the downed running back as she flexed her perfectly toned muscles as a ref came over to check on the downed player who just rolled onto his side taking off his helmet.

      Jamie didn't know why but at that moment his mate looked like the most beautiful and powerful thing in the world. 

      His wolf purred in agreement.