42

"Are you fucking kidding me!" Salena yelled from Elaine's phone.

After doctor Walberg informed Elaine that she might not be able to play football anymore the alpha girl had never felt more shocked, angry, scared and worthless in her entire life.

Because if she couldn't play football she couldn't provide for Jamie and her pups.

She'd be just what Angel said she'd be, something she and her sister swore to never be...

Nothing.

Not long after he left did Selena call worried about her sister and when she heard the news out Elaine's injuries she became livid.

"How sure are they." her sister asked hysterically.

"I've already requested a second opinion and they're gonna do some scan thing to see how how bad the damage really is." Elaine informed her sister with a tried huff of breath.

"That's good, that' good, so when you get the scan and it says you're alright then maybe they'll be able to get you back onto the field in time for the playoffs." Salena said letting out a breath of relief.

"If." Elaine corrected her sister, "If the scan comes back and says differently, but I still won't be able to make the playoffs. He said recovery would be a lot of rest and seven or eight months of physical theory to get my neck strong enough to get the brace off."

"Even then it's doubtful it'll be strong enough to play the game again." Elaine sighted, her forehead pulsing in pain from the concussion.

"You know what sis....you're starting to sound like a whiny bitch to me." Salena growled.

"Oh come on give me a bre-"

"No I'm not gonna give you a break cause part of getting better is in the mind sis. If you start thinking like that then you won't get better." her sister barked, slamming her fist into the hotel desk stirring the pair of sleeping omega twins that slept on her bed.

"My head is part of the fucking problem Salena, maldito seja!" the injured alpha groaned angerly clenching her fist.

"Elaine, I brought you some food, I'm coming in" she heard Jamie say from behind the door before it opened.

"Jamie's here I gotta go." Elaine said as her loving mate walked in with a tray of food and water.

"Alright, look I got a flight out later today so I'll be there tomorrow ok, just keep thinking about our promise. You remember it right?" Salena asked turning to look at the pair of omegas as they roused from their sleep with a devilish glare in her eye.

"Yeah I remember." Elaine smiled switching to Portuguese as Jamie took a seat next to her.

"What did we promise?" Salena asked back in English curling a finger to one of the redheaded twins to come to her.

"That we'd make that rat bastard regret leaving us behind." Elaine growled in her mother tongue making Jamie look at her sideways confused.

"That's right and don't ever forget it. Love you E. I'll see you tomorrow." Salena smiled, biting her lip as one of the redheaded omegas kissed her feet while the other watched envious.

"Love you too Salena." she said switching back to English as she hung up.

"What was that about?" Jamie asked curious, cutting into the apple he got for her.