41

Jamie's heart and stomach sunk at the sight of Elaine lying unconscienced on the hospital bed....

      Her left arm slung in a cast and neck supported by a brace, her face and legs scratched by shattered glass.

      The young omega couldn't help but fall a top her sleeping form as his eyes burned with tears as he kissed her lips, cheeks and collar bone in an attempt to rouse his unconcise mate.

      The last few hours had been a blur for the young pregnant Jamie. 

      One moment he was in the mall waiting for his mate to pick him up, the next his mother came rushing into the mall looking for him. Telling him that...

      That Elaine had been in a bad car accident and that they needed to go to the hospital.

      That was two and a half hours ago.

      Now all he could do was lay at her side and wait...

      Wait for her to wake up.

           "If she woke up." his omega mind thought making his heart clench in fear.

      'Knock knock knock'  he heard from the rooms door as his mother walked quietly.

            "Hey son." the scarlet haired alpha said, walking over placing her hand on her son's back as he continued to shiver with tears clutching onto Elaine like a life line.

          "Jamie, she's gonna be ok." his mother reassured him, rubbing his back.

          "b-b-but she's not waking up..." he whimpered into her chest, his wolf sopping as their mate's wolf stayed silent.

          "I know, but that's because the doctors have her on some really strong pain medication." Martha explained softly in hopes to calm her him.

      It pained her to see her son like this, crying and in pain...

      He had so many things on his plate with school and his pups that it made her want to cry seeing more stress being thrust upon him.

      When her phone rang and Rose told her Elaine had been in an accident it took every fiber in Martha's body to not cry when she went to get Jamie at the mall.

      He had been so happy.

      He thought she was there by coincident and showed the gift he had bought for her. The picture of their unborn pups already inside the cute ocean blue frame. She nearly broken down into tears at his joy, but she held strong.

      She is an alpha and his mother and right now that's what her son needed.

         "Jamie, I promise you she's going to be ok." Martha said, voice strong holding back her emotions.

          "The doctor told me she was very lucky." she continued, " She only has a badly bruised leg along with a small fracture in her shoulder. A broken orbital in her left eye and a broken vertebrae that if it was hit any harder could've left her paralyzed. Along with a concussion." she finished letting out a steady breath.

      Jamie cried harder.

      When the doctor informed her, Rose and her mate of Elaine's injures she had begged the doctor to allow her to be the one to tell Jamie. The information had to come from someone he trusted.   

      They agreed it'd be her.

          "That's lucky?" he said weakly, looking over to his mother with dried eyes.