38

"Alright pups take a knee." Coach Woodley said to the players as they walked over to him.

With the first part of the test done the players, scouts and security left the schools weight room to walk out to the football field which was prepared with tents acting as water stations and interview booths, expensive camera's, cones, agility latter's, tall white poles being used as markers and radar guns to measure speed and technique in anticipation for the upcoming tests.

Along with a media truck reporting on the event as well.

Elaine bit her lip as her head pulsed for a moment before it subsided.

"I want to say that I'm liking the energy you all have brought today and I think some of these scouts would agree with me." coach Woodley said as they nodded in agreement.

"Anyone catch your eye so far?" he asked the three scouts who stood beside him.

Each took their time to look and evaluate all the players in a single moment before one of the three spoke.

"I'm reserving judgment for now." the scout named Jamie Carmichael smiled crossing his arms, his red athletic shit, black cargo pants and pure white shoes contrasting with his black cap that held the name of his collage, WestView University of Utah.

"Ask me after the forty." he added, smirking.

"Coach Michelle?" Woodley asked the female alpha scout from Washington collage.

"Well my teams in a market for a receiver and a defensive back and right now I'm liking receiver Eric Dickerson, defensive back Angel Rios along with Donnie McAvoy. All three are big, strong and have some confidence to them." she said wiping her dirty blonde hair out of her face.

"Let's hope that they're as fast as they are confident." she laughed nodding.

"What about you coach Williams?" Woodley asked the final scout.

The man in question stood behind the others and to the side with his arms crossed. His stare intense as he eyed all the players. His dark skin and chin curtain bread glistening with a small hint of sweat. His clothes not showing the school he represented.

"I'll take my cues from coach Carmichael and reserve judgment for now, but I will say this. I see a lot of confidence and a lot arrogance on this field." he said, his voice deep with bass.

"Both are good, but don't think of yourself to highly because someone might just crawl right under you to take your spot." he finished, ending his speech with a side glace toward Elaine.

"Thank you coaches." Woodley said taking control once again.

"Now, you have had both your physical measurements and physical strength tested, but now it's time to test your skill. "

"For some of you we will be starting with the 40 yard dash. We're going QB's first, receivers second, and Defensive backs third. When your name is called line up on this white line and wait until you hear the gun. Then run like either the devils chasing you or like you smell an omega in heat." he explained smirking.

"Alright, quarterback Dominic Rogers you're up first. Everyone else get some water and stay loose."

Taking his advise Elaine walked to a tent and gathered a cup of water and watched as the invited QB's took their turn doing their forty yard dashes.

Wiping the sweat from her brow Elaine felt her nerves climb.

All throughout the day each of the scouts present had come up to each player and gave them some form of advise or even just asked for their name and how they think they could improve in their position.