Chapter twenty six: Neptuna

Once we got to Carrie's mansion I immediately went into the bathroom and changed into a bathing suit.

"Damn! Hot stuff, you dress like that just for me?" Scott scanned me up and down. I smirked at Carrie, who was gaping in shock.

Well, I'm in a bikini, what would you expect of a man?

"Where's the hot tub?" I questioned Carrie.

"U-uh... What? O-Oh, right. The hot tub and pool on the roof have a great view."

"Got it." I nodded.

"Personally I think you look better in one of my t-shirts and a pair of sweatpants..." Carrie muttered as I walked past.

I smiled.

He wasn't kidding about the good view. Along with the olympic-sized pool on the roof there was a hot tub big enough for twenty people. The view was amazing! You could see fountains and pegasi on the lawn, the beautiful forest just beyond the lawn, and the New York skyline.

The lighting was magnificent, it lit up everything but didn't take away from the beautiful stars (or at least what I could still see due to the pollution). A few minutes of soaking in the hot tub and gaping at the view later I kind of got bored.

I glanced down at my midriff. There was a scar running down the side of my waist, from when we had been kidnapped by Nyx, I shook my head. At least it wasn't black like Carrie's.

I took off my dog tag and set it on the ground.

"Show me Carrie and Scott." I ordered.

The usual shimmering screen appeared and I watched

Carrie was sitting across from Scott, though they both had their own couch. In between them on the coffee table was two bottles of what looked like either vodka or scotch.

"So, this whole superhero thing..." Carrie ventured, a smirk growing on his face.

"Yeah, pretty cool, don't you think?" Scott stretched out and grabbed a bottle.

"It's awesome, how'd you learn the bow and arrow?"

"Well, you know, it's not that hard, just point and shoot." He shrugged.

"Yeah, hey, you know what? How about you show me?"

"Oh, I-Uh I... don't have my bow on me right now, and I'm out of arrows anyway. I meant to have my butler go and pick some up..."

"Oh, I know! Let's go downstairs, I'm sure I can find some dusty old thing that you can shoot."

"I don't really think that's—"

"Come on, you can bring the scotch." Carrie stood up, almost laughing and pulled Scott toward the basement.

Scott knew he couldn't disagree, so he allowed Carrie to pull him away, though he grabbed at the other bottle of scotch on his way.

The image followed them, my eyes widened when Carrie turned on the lights to the basement.

It didn't even look like a basement, more like a cavern.

Who knew a track could fit in a basement? Or every workout machine known to man, along with a full archery range?

"Where do you usually get your arrows, maybe I have some." Carrie started to walk over to the archery range.

"Uh..." Scott was frozen in the doorway, gaping at... everything.

Carrie passed him a bow from the rack and a couple of arrows.