Chapter twenty five: Carrie

"Mr. Maggs! Mr. Maggs! How long have you been training?" One yelled.

"Mr. Maggs! What is it like, being an Avenger?"

"Mr. Maggs! What were the Avengers exact words when they asked you to join them?"

"Mr. Maggs! Which Avenger do you train with the most, or do you train alone?"

"Mr. Maggs! Are there any Avengers that we don't know about?"

"Ladies, ladies, please, one at a time." Scott leaned on the podium.

He pointed to one reporter.

Of course they were from People magazine. He loved that stupid magazine.

"Is there anyone special in your life?" They questioned.

Why do they only care about people dating? He just lied about being an Avenger and that's all they care about?

"Of course, I can get any girl I want. There's actually a girl in the audience that I'm particularly smitten for." He threw a smirk in Neptuna's direction.

"Ooh big words for a complete dumbass." I spoke.

Luckily the reporters were too caught up with one of the stupidest lies I've ever heard to notice that he had looked to Neptuna.

It's also lucky that his ginormous ego protected him from Neptuna's glare or I'm pretty sure he would already be in a grave.

Scott pointed to another reporter.

"Mr. Maggs, which Avenger do you train with the most, or do you train alone?"

"I have to train alone, turns out I'm just too advanced to train with the other Avengers. No offence to the other Avengers." He threw a smirk to Tony, then pointed to another reporter.

"Who do you think is the leader of the group?"

"Oh me, definitely." He laughed. "Now, it seems my time is just about over, so I must return to my seat." He smiled and started walking off of the stage.

Of course the reporters followed him.

Next thing I know it's my turn.

"Wish me luck." I murmured to Neptuna.

"Good luck." She smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

I walked onto the stage and got everything ready.

"Wow." I started, laughing. "The organizers of this fine event must think pretty highly of me to put me in the same expo as the greats, we've got Stark over there, the Burkin's, all of the big-shots. But let's get real for a moment. I'm not really the type to run anything. I'm just a military kid that was always second-guessed, heck, the only reason I'm up here talking to you all is because both of my parents are deployed. See, they're in the army. But most of you already know that." I started walking around the stage, making sure to lock eyes with all of the company's Ceo's.

I continued, this time putting more emotion into my words. "I'm not a fighter like Stark or apparently Maggs, I'm not a businessman like Burkin. So what am I? Am I just some stupid kid that was born into the wrong family? Huh? Most of you think I'm probably just some stupid kid that's only here because my parents couldn't make it. I'm probably going to steal all of the deserts as well, right? Well, I'll probably do that anyway." I laughed, the crowd laughed with me. I locked eyes with Neptuna who was rolling her eyes as she ate dessert. "Of course I'm here for business, but mostly I'm here to see friends, friends that I haven't seen in a long time. I invite everyone to raise their glasses." The crowd did, "To stupidity."

"Stupidity." They echoed back.

You know what satisfaction is? It's making a whole room full of rich people say the word stupidity.