Chapter twenty two: Neptuna

"STOP!" I slammed my foot down.

The ground suddenly shook beneath my feet.

I blinked.

What just happened?

I shook my head and made my way over to Carrie, who lay amongst the group of boys who were trying to hit him. Holding out my hand, I helped him up.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine. What was that?"

"I don't know. An earthquake, maybe?"

"Maybe. By the way, I need you to go with me to something tomorrow."

"What is this something?" I questioned, confused.

"The Tech Expo."

I groaned. "Please don't tell me that Tony's going to be there."

"He sure is." Carrie chuckled. "Has he called you since you got his number?"

"No. I think he's too busy trying not to call me. I don't understand, he's way too old for me."

"He's got good taste, though." Carrie chuckled.

I blushed and glared at him.

"Shut up, Blondie."

"Wow, it's been forever since you've called me that." He blinked, genuinely surprised, I rolled my eyes.

"So, this expo thing. Dress code?"

"Black tie formal."

"Wonderful." I grumbled.

"At least try. We're going to pick up a demigod that the searchers can't get to."

"Oh. Well at least it's a mission." I perked up a bit.

"Yeah. Ask Grace for advice on clothes."

I gave him an annoyed look. "I can dress myself, thank you."

"You sure?" He snickered. I crossed my arms.

"Challenge accepted. I will dress myself for this Tech Expo, no help from Grace. If I look formal enough for the Expo, you owe me. If I don't, you get to pick out what I wear."

"Deal." Carrie shook my hand. "I'll need to see your closet, so I can pick something out."

"I dunno, I think you'll be surprised." I smirked.

Then Carrie frowned, examining her clothes. "Wait... Are... Are you wearing my shirt right now?"

"...Maybe."