Chapter nineteen: Carrie

Both to my dismay and my relief, Neptuna finally left.

I trudged up the stairs and began getting my shirt and such back on, then began packing.

"Where do you think you're going? You need to rest." Grace leaned onto the doorframe, crossing her arms.

"I had a dream. I have to go."

"About what?"

"Sophia. I need to make sure she's okay."

"Oh, okay. I'll just go tell Nep that you're visiting an ex..."

I whipped around. "Don't you dare! I've kept my promise until now, and I'll be back within a few hours!"

"Fine." Grace sighed. "But I've invited Nep over for a mini vacation here tomorrow. Be back before then."

"Alright. I will be." I nodded and shouldered my backpack, trying not to flinch as the fabric was pushed against my newest scar.

I had a bad feeling about this, and my gut's almost never wrong. But if it meant saving someone from Gaia then I would do anything.

So I headed to the Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital.

"Mr. Martin!" The woman at the desk exclaimed once she saw me.

"Hello Ally." I nodded.

"Are you here to see Sophia?"

"Yes I am."

"I have to warn you, she's been a little unstable the last few weeks, but if you're up for it I'll have a nurse take you."

"I'm up for it."

"Okay, Sam, can you please escort Mr. Martin to Sophia Parker's room?"

"Yes ma'am." A male nurse came around the corner. "This way sir." He motioned for me to follow him.

Once we got to the room, I spoke.

"I can take it from here." I told the nurse.

"Yes sir." He nodded and left.

I opened the door, only to find Sophia on the ground, limp. A pool of blood rested around her corpse.