Chapter one: Neptuna

A lot has happened since last summer.

Carrie now "works" for the gods, and I'm the Camp Ambassador, so needless to say we're all pretty busy at all times.

So we decided on taking a breather, I gathered up the group and we all went to a Starbucks together. The group included Percy, Grace, Annabeth, Carrie, Apollo, and I.

"What're you writing?" Carrie glanced over at my notebook as we walked.

"Absolutely nothing." I smirked and closed it after writing the last sentence 'As long as I could escape.'

"It's on a need-to-know basis, and you—" I poked him in the chest with my notebook, " — Don't need to know."

"As your Praetor I order you to tell me." He frowned down at me jokingly.

"As your Ambassador— Actually, I can't really order you around. But as your girlfriend I ask you to shut up."

He smiled.

A real, genuine smile.

Woah, I thought, I haven't seen that since the incident in Vegas.

"Carrie, why don't you smile like that more often?" I sighed, leaning my head against his shoulder as I wrapped my arm around his waist.

"About a month ago someone surfaced some memories." He shook his head and looked down at me, tossing an arm around my shoulders.

Since the war his appearance had changed, his hair now had different colors in it (not caused by the mist or dye), and his eyes were now two different colors; purple and dark grey. He had a thick scar down the left side of his face, from hairline to chin. I definitely liked his new look. He seemed more real.

"Break it up, break it up!" Percy pushed Carrie and I apart, so we couldn't touch. "Keep your hands off of my little sister at all times! Hands to yourself, don't touch, Non tangere, Μην αγγίζετε!"

"Aww, c'mon!" Grace complained. "They're so cute together though!"

Once we got to Starbucks we all lined up to order.

"Uh... Carrie?" I glanced at him then back up at the barista.

"Yeah?" He looked down at me.

Carrie was at least five inches taller than I was, and I'm five-foot-six.

"Have sirens always worked at Starbucks?"

"You didn't know that?" He questioned.

"No, I didn't." I shook my head.

We got our drinks and sat down in a booth in the corner. I leaned back and laid on Grace's lap. Grace didn't mind, we had grown really close since the war. I let my legs fall across Carrie's lap.

Grace began to play with my brown, shoulder-length hair. I closed my eyes and set my frappuccino on the table.

"Lesbians." A man across the coffee-house coughed.

There was a swoosh as I opened my eyes. There was a knife pinning the man's cup to the wall and another one pinning his sleeve to the wall beneath his cup.

The first thing I did was stare. Then looked at Carrie, raising an eyebrow. He shrugged and sipped his hot chocolate like nothing had happened.

"So, what're we doing after this?" Apollo leaned back and put his feet on the table, careful not to go anywhere near Carrie.

I guess if I had to stay near someone day and night I would get sick of them too. Unless it was Carrie, of course. I would be fine with spending day and night with him.

"I have to head back to camp." Annabeth shrugged.

"And I'm going with her." Percy added.

"I've got a meeting at Camp Jupiter." I yawned, sitting up. "Reyna said some kids are reporting weird stuff going on."

"How about we throw a party?" Apollo smirked.

"No." Carrie jolted away and turned to him. "Not one of your parties again. No. That is a horrible idea."

I remembered the last time one of those happened... Oh gods.

It was like Chaos had a kid with insanity and gave it caffeine and sugar.

At least three gallons of caffeine.

And twenty bazillion pounds of sugar.

In short, it was not good.

Not good at all.

"I have no idea what we're going to do, if the gods call me in then at least I'll have something to do."

"I'll give you something to do," Percy glared at Carrie. "Stay away from my little sister!"

"That's not something to do, that's something not to do." Carrie rolled his eyes, smirking.

"What is your problem with Carrie, bro?" I frowned at Percy.

"He's— He's him." Percy threw a glance at Carrie.

"That's makes about as much sense as going to a sleepover and returning with a typewriter." Carrie raised an eyebrow.

Grace and I exchanged glances, then burst out laughing.

"Seriously? You've been to a sleepover and brought home a typewriter? Why not, like, music?" Apollo spoke up.

"First, you don't need to worry about our personal lives." I pointed out. "Second, get your feet off the table."

He huffed and pulled his feet off of the table and onto the ground.

A note appeared in front of Carrie.

Carrie examined it then finally read it out loud.

"The Earth has spoken. She is not happy. Good luck." He read then examined it again.

He dropped it and slid back into his seat next to me.

"It's probably just some practical joke." I assured him.

"It's written in blood." He stared with wide eyes at the note.

He hurriedly looked around the restaurant then stood up.

"Who—" He started to demand but crumpled to the ground.

Everyone else in the restaurant stood up and formed ranks around us, taking down each of us one by one.

Apollo went down first.

Then Grace.

And Annabeth.

Next was Percy.

And, finally, me.