Chapter twenty: Neptuna

I sat down at the table and sighed.

Meeting, sweet meeting.

"Alright, so in terms of the arguments and fights between Camp Jupiter and Camp Ops, they are mostly about which camp is the most..."

I tuned out Reyna's lecture, because I already knew all the facts.

One; Camp Jupiter and Camp Ops trainees have been fighting.

Two; They are fighting over which camp is more intense.

Three; Many major injuries have been inflicted upon Camp Jupiter trainees.

Four; I have to find a way to prevent all the fights.

Why did I think that it would be cool to be Camp Ambassador?

This sucks.

I began to let my mind wander.

Were there any new demigods that had recently joined any of the camps? Had I learned their names yet?

I remembered Carrie mentioning something about a Tech Expo thing. He mentioned it awhile ago, but I thought it was coming up soon. All the name-brand tech companies would be there, such as Martin Industries or Stark Industries. Maybe Carrie would bring me as his plus one. Or maybe he would take Grace, she knew a lot more about this sort of stuff than me.

"...And that's why you need to prevent the fights." Reyna concluded.

"Sure thing. I'm on it." I nodded, pretending to have listened to the whole thing.

"Also, I would like to inform you of the fact that it is unprofessional to be dating." Reyna gave me a small glare.

I blinked.

She'd never said that to me before.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I frowned at her.

"It's unprofessional for you to be dating Carrie. Not only that, but you're not right for him. Too lazy. I suggest he breaks up with you, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did."

"Wha—!" I stood, about to start an argument.

"May I remind you that it's your job to prevent fights, not provoke them?"

I glared at her and stalked out of the room.

What was her problem?