Chapter thirteen: Carrie

When I woke up my eyes flitted around the room.

Darkness.

Pure, total darkness.

A too familiar sensation burned in my hands.

Cold.

Cold that I recognized.

Chains.

Chains made of an unbreakable substance I knew all too well.

Darkness.

My head was still bleeding from the blow that the giant used to take me down. The blood dribbled over my right eye, blinding me, though it didn't make much of a difference. The room was too dark to see in anyway.

My shirt was gone, so whatever devices she used on me this time was sure to hurt, to sting, to leave scars.

Mist didn't work in this room, it never worked in this hell hole. My numerous scars were in full view, the ones on my chest and back and face anyway.

"My child..." The voice started again, it was stronger in this room, seemingly closer.

Nyx appeared in front of me, in all of her horrible, painful glory.

I glared up at her, "I knew you agreed to that deal too fast."

"It took you this long to realize?" She scoffed.

"Let me go." I snarled. I had to get back to Neptuna, to make sure she was alright. "Now."

"I'm afraid I can't." Nyx chuckled darkly. "That would ruin my fun."

"And mine." Hyperion stepped next to her, he glowed, not just with power.

In his light I could make out the outline of the room, small, made of some sort of stone, most likely obsidian.

I fought against the chains, I could act like Nyx's whips didn't work, but I wasn't the best at acting when I was being burned alive.

He slowly advanced toward me, with every step I fought. The closer he got, the stronger I fought.

With his finger he wrote something on my back, across my shoulders and over my scars. Wherever his finger touched erupted in pain.

Fire.

He wrote ten words on my back.

Each one burned more than the last.

When he started the first one I struggled to breathe.

The second one made me fight against my chains.

The third one made me blink spots out of my eyes.

The fifth one made me scream.

The seventh one made me blackout.

During my first 'visit' to that place, I learned that it's never good to black out, it normally causes me to wake up in a lot more pain.

So, when I blacked out this time, I expected to wake up in burning, horrible, torturous pain.

And, oh, was I right.

Burning, horrible, torturous agony.

I could hardly stand it.

How long have I been out? I thought, lifting my chin from my heaving chest.

There was no way to tell.

If Cronos was here like last time than I could've been out for a single second... Or for years.

"Did you miss me darling?" Nyx appeared in front of me.

"I'll never miss you." I croaked, my throat raw from probably screaming or yelling. "Seems like you have Hypnos or Somnus helping you this time."

"Ah, yes, both darling, only the best for you." She caressed my face.

I pulled back, away from her touch.

"Oh, darling, please." Nyx touched my face again, making me cringe. "You can't escape this time. You never have escaped me, you never have and you never will."