Part 8- Iida Does Not Like Vigilantes

Deku POV

'And they're staring at me. Of course, they are. They probably think I'm a fake. Well, except for Uravity and Froppy. They probably think I'm a hazard. God, I shouldn't be here. I don't even have a quirk, how am I supposed to train at a hero school?'

Aizawa pointed to an empty seat next to a boy with red and white hair, and a scar covering half of his face. Todoroki, if I remembered correctly. 'Ugh. Endeavor's son. Why him?'

"You'll sit next to Todoroki. Sit down and I'll explain today's lesson plan."

Luckily for me, the seat was in the back row of the classroom. I slung my bag over my shoulder, lightly wondering how heavy it was. It didn't feel heavy, but then again I was far stronger than the average teenager. I sat at the desk pointed out to me. I saw Todoroki glance at me and then nervously glance away.

'Yep. He's scared of me. I imagine a lot of people here are save for the teachers. I wonder how long it will take for someone to speak out.'

Just as I had thought, one of the students stood up in his chair. He had neat dark hair and engines on his legs. Iida Tenya, I believe. "Sensei! Is it okay to have a hazardous and unpredictable vigilante in this class?"

'And there it is. Hazardous. Unpredictable. He probably doesn't even think I'm the right age to be in this class.' I gave a small sigh. It was going to be a long day.

Todoroki POV

I internally grimaced at Iida's words. I saw the vigilante give a small flinch too, then sighed. 'He's shorter than I expected.'

Aizawa cut Iida off before he could say anything else. "Black is responsible enough to not unreasonably attack students. He's just here so we can legally get him a license and potentially give him a partially normal teenagehood."

'Partially normal? Did something happen to his family?'

"Anyway, we'll be heading to Ground Beta today to see what you all can do, and so we can get a handle on what Black is capable of. It will be free spar time for the rest of you. Get your hero costumes on and be there in five minutes."

~~Time Skip~~

I stood stiffly beside the vigilante, who seemed relaxed. He hadn't changed his hoodie or mask but had changed into scuffed sweatpants and a belt with many pouches and a water bottle clip on it. I could see an empty holster, presumably for a gun they wouldn't let him bring, and a few knife sheaths. Only one of them that I could see was filled though, its handle labeled "Training knife." It must be blunted. However, I doubted that was his only weapon.

My attention snapped back to Aizawa as the teacher began speaking. "You all can watch or spar with each other if you want. Black, come with me. We're going to run some tests."

He stepped forward, following the lazy teacher. I jogged a little bit behind them, noticing most of the class following as well. 'At least I'm not the only curious one.'

When we stopped we were on a side street that was wide enough for quirk usage but small enough to limit maneuverability. Black and Aizawa stood a little bit apart. Aizawa looked ready to fight, his capture gear floating around his head. Black, on the other hand, looked relaxed, as if he were waiting in line for a coffee.

'This is gonna be interesting.'

A/N

Hello! I'm finally back on somewhat of a work schedule! Unfortunately, I will have to spend more time on schoolwork than my fics but I hope to update Black Fox at a reasonable pace! I can't make any promises for Hacker Deku though.

I hope you all had a great winter break and I wish you good luck in school if you're still in it and work if you're not!

-Vivian