Part 14- Aoi's In Trouble

Deku POV

I dragged Aoi out of the dorms by her wrist. I was barely out of sight when I heard the expected explosions and yelling.

I quickly ducked into a nearby alleyway and continued to drag her along. Not a word was spoken from either of us. 'Good. She at least knows that I'm not in the mood to talk.'

We had been walking for a little over an hour when we reached the cafe they ran. It was empty, and Kaito was inside, clearing off the tables as he prepared to close it down.

When I opened the door he looked up, saw the rage in my eyes through my mask, and glanced disappointedly at his sister. He hurried to deposit the delicate plates and sharp silverware in the kitchen before removing his uniform apron and coming back out.

I released Aoi's wrist, feeling a twinge of guilt at the bruises left on her wrist. I pulled out a chair and sat in it with a clatter as Kaito locked the front door, flipped the "open" sign over, and rolled down the window shades.

Once it was safe I removed my mask and pulled down my hood, ruffling a hand through my curly green hair.

Looking at Aoi her guilt was obvious. she fiddled with her dress and bit her lip before meeting my gaze. Kaito joined us at the clean table. I sighed. "Aoi. You know why I'm mad."

She looked down at her lap. "Yeah."

I rubbed my temples. "I'm not mad that you talked to them. I'm mad that not only were you on restricted grounds you were disclosing personal information. This is not a game, and now I have to deal with the questions and attention that will come from it."

"Yeah." She wrung out her hands.

I glanced at Kaito. He met my gaze, then rapped on the table to get his sister's attention. 'I think you should be the one to explain to Izuku's classmates.'

"Me? But..."

I pulled a knife from my pocket and began to pick my nails with it. "Kaito's right. This is your mistake, so you have to fix it. Your quirk will help you resolve it peacefully."

'We're lucky Bakugou doesn't know where this is.' Kaito stood up and pushed in his chair. 'Aoi, we should head home. You have work to do tomorrow. Izuku, you should eat before you go on patrol.'

I shook my head. "I'll be alright, you guys are tight on money even with the cafe. Don't waste it on me."

Aoi and Kaito exchanged a glance. "Zuku, it's not that bad. It won't be a waste."

I shook my head again. "I'll be okay, school lunches aren't bad." I got up and headed to the back entrance. "Don't forget to lock up behind me."

"Okay..." Aoi looked apprehensive.

As the door clicked shut and I heard the lock turn, I let out a breath before putting on my mask and hood again and heading out into the cool night.

A/N

Welp, Aoi is gonna have fun tomorrow.

Holy crap, 8K reads? Thank you so much! Why is my lil fic getting so much attention?!

Word count: 522

Thanks for reading!

-Vivian

Here are Aoi and Kaito by the way! Art by ✨yours truly✨