Part 22-Deal

Aizawa POV

I was preparing for an argument.

Black Fox's house arrest was almost over. Nezu had given me instructions for an offer for him, and I didn't think he was going to be at all happy with it.

I rapped on the door of the room designated for him and stood back. In seconds the door opened. Does he have to wear that mask 24/7?

The mask was angled at me as if he was expecting something, but no intent was discernable.

"May I come in?"

The door opened slightly wider, and Fox stepped out of the way. The room was clean, the bed made, and the window slightly open. On the desk lay two piles of knives, one slightly cleaner than the other. In between lay a knife sharpener, the kind you would buy at the convenience store down the street. I didn't see his gun or any extra ammunition, though, which made me think that it was loaded and hidden in some pocket.

I cleared my throat. His silence as I observed his room was unnerving. "Principal Nezu has a deal for you to allow you to continue your vigilante work."

Even without seeing his face, I knew this was going to be a difficult conversation.

Deku POV

My mind jumped into hyper gear as soon as the words left Eraser's mouth. Deal? What kind of deal? What makes him think he gets to do that? I don't work for him, he doesn't control me, what is he trying at?

Aizawa continued before I could speak. "Because you have proven to be irresponsible enough to land yourself in a hospital, Nezu has decided if you are going to continue your vigilante work you will be doing so with one or more partners."

I stared at him, dumbfounded. My thoughts swam in circles, trying to comprehend what the hell made Nezu think that he had the authority to make that choice.

Eraser must have taken my silence for acceptance, as he continued. "I've been told to choose a partner for you from among your classmates. My top choices are Todoroki, Uraraka, Tsuyu, Iida, or Bakugou. I figured I'd give you a choice."

I pointed at the door. "Get out."

"Pardon?"

"Get. Out."

He frowned. "Kid, why are you-"

"Get the hell out!"

"Alright, alright. Calm down." He stood up, his face a mixture of confusion and annoyance.

Once he was gone, I snatched up the knives I'd finished sharpening and unplugged the sharpener Aoi had bought for me while I didn't have access to my usual supplies. Stuffing the blades into my pockets, I stalked toward the door.

Aizawa was waiting outside. I walked past him. he followed me, trying to ask me something. I didn't hear him. When I reached the doors of the dorm, he tried to stop me.

"Move."

"You're still on house arrest."

Some of the students were watching from the lounge, including Kirishima, Iida, Sero, Mina, and Yayorozu. Good. Let's make a scene.

Aizawa POV

I hated being unable to see what this kid was feeling. When I looked at someone's face, I expected to see emotion. All there was here was smooth, cold porcelain.

Even so, I could feel the anger that radiated off of Fox like an aura. He stared at me through the mask, cold emerald eyes sharper than knives, and a tone of voice colder and sharper still. "I need to speak with Nezu. Move. Now."

"Nezu is busy. You should leave him alone."

Silence.

I reached out to put a hand on his shoulder and comfort him, to tell him that he could speak to Nezu on a different day, but as soon as I had outstretched my hand I found myself face-up on the ground. An iron grip was clamped around my wrist.

At the moment it took me to process what had happened, the door was open and Black Fox was gone.

Oh, dear. That might get me in trouble.

A/N

HIHI guys! So sorry for not updating, I was on vacation for a week! Anyway, we got the gang back up to their shenanigans, but this time Izuku's pissed off lmao

Also 45.7K VIEWS WATTPAD WHAT THE FUCK I DON'T DESERVE THAT

ANYWAY have a great day/night everyone! Drink some water and get some sleep! Love you all! /p /gen

(650 words)

-Vivian