십일: PlayZone

Namjoon had decided that a last trip out before Taehyung's surgery in two days would be a good idea. The boys had been cooped in since Christmas, except for one appointment to check in on how Jimin was coping with his epilepsy. It wasn't fun for the boys, and Namjoon had become concerned about how low Jimin's progress was coming. He had come home with a wheelchair, since he had stopped walking again since his seizure in the car.

He was a little concerned about going to such a place, since the boys didn't really know any other kids other than who they'd met in the hospital playroom, but they never got to see each other again. Namjoon still had Jackson's number in case Johnny wanted to play, but he hadn't texted it yet. He couldn't afford a daycare for them to mix in, and he didn't need one, anyway. The boys started school in this new year.

However, he wanted them to mix now. And they were driving him wild cooped up inside the house. So he booked six kids for the toddler PlayZone, and got them ready to go. He told them where they were going, and they all got excited. Even Jungkook didn't seem to mind much that his routine was being changed.

Namjoon had thought of the idea mostly for Jungkook. He had noticed how shut off Jungkook seemed to be, even towards his brothers. He clearly loved them, but he didn't want them touching him, nor did he want to play with them. He only really spoke to Namjoon, or when he was upset. Namjoon hoped that mingling would get him to open up a little. His brain was starting to think that Jungkook had a disability, too, and he just couldn't face that.

They arrived outside, and Namjoon parked into the disabled bay in the gravel car park. The sextuplets fidgeted in their seats, desperate to get in and play. They shouted over one another, most of their words nonsense. Even Jimin squealed happily, his purple helmet pushing his fringe into his eyes. Namjoon had picked the quietest time, just so he could keep his eye on Jimin.

Namjoon got them all out of the car, holding Taehyung's hand to stop him from running through the car park. He scooped Jimin into his arms, herded his boys to the door, and stepped into the loud, hot environment.

On the outside, the warehouse looked old and the walls thin. The paint was peeling, and one of the sign's lights was flickering. However, on the inside, the walls were freshly painted, the carpet was a little worn but clearly cleaned well, and the climbing frames and slides were shiny and colourful. A couple of pads looked worn and shiny, but it was obvious the older ones got changed when needed. A little cafe greeted the entrance, and small benches lined along the outside of the nets for parents to sit.

The carpet was made of little roads and houses, and there was a toy box in the corner full of little cars. Two little boys played by the box, driving the cars around the roundabouts and parking them in little bays. There was a little sectioned off block labelled 'Toddler Play', but as it was a whole session just for toddlers, they could play in most of the areas.

Namjoon kept a grip on as many kids as he could as he signed the waivers, and then they were finally off, running towards whatever caught their eye. Namjoon sank himself down onto one of the benches furthest away from the net, so he could keep his eye on as many kids as he could, and sipped his coffee.

Taehyung and Hoseok made their way over to a tall block of mats, all stacked up so they had to jump up to the next one if they wanted to get higher. Nets and carpets ran from different levels, but the block nearly reached the roof of the warehouse.

It was a little easier for Taehyung to climb. His longer leg gave him a height advantage, and he climbed easily. Hoseok had to hang on by his fingertips, but he was wiry, and could pull himself up with no problems. Taehyung wanted to go all the way to the top, but Hoseok was too afraid.

He looked over at a pair of stepping stones attached to the net, which branched off into more corridors. He could hear kids yelling. "Taehyungie!"

Taehyung was already up the next two mats. "Aren't you coming, Hoseokie?"