십: Christmas Special

merry christmas everyone :) this is my present to you and all that soppy stuff

dedicated to NerdyCookie01 for being a huge supporter of this book and being a fantastic friend to me this year, even with all my meltdowns and trauma lol. love u bb

----------------

Last year, the sextuplets had really enjoyed Christmas, but it was clear that they already didn't remember much of what happened. They still had some of the toys, and got excited by the word and the feelings, but it was like they were experiencing the joy of Christmas all over again.

He had put the lights up by himself, obviously. It would be just his luck for one of the sextuplets to slip straight off the roof or the ladder if he let them. Instead, he did it when they napped, the radio close to him to listen for any crying, and put the lights up. He took the kids out when it got dark, and let them see them.

The benefits had given him a bonus to make Christmas magical, and he had used some to buy a light-wire reindeer family. He bought a big adult one, with long antlers to represent him, and then six little baby ones. They sold extra-specially small ones at the store, so Namjoon got one of those, too, to represent Jimin. He lined them all up on the snowy grass, and turned them on. Lights hung from the guttering, sparkling gently instead of flashing, and a snowflake glowed above the door.

The sextuplets stared up at the lights in awe. It made the house bright in the black sky, the snow gleamed on the ground. They waddled around the reindeer in their wellies, stroking them like they were as soft as kittens.

He was a little late with the tree, though. He had got the rest of the house ready, with tinsel and lights hanging from curtain poles and mirrors. He put little reindeers around the light covers, and had the electric fire going the whole time. The snow outside shone into the living room, and Namjoon had everything spick and span. There was just so much to do, he nearly forgot all about the tree.

It was on Christmas Eve, whilst he was looking around the room in despair, trying to figure out what was missing, when he realised. An advert popped up on the TV about real trees, which made Namjoon gasp, and remember the fake one in the loft. Whilst the kids napped, he brought it down, and set it up, straightening the branches. He brought down all of the decorations, and waited for the sextuplets to wake.

"Twee!" Hoseok squealed, clapping his little hands when he saw it. He went to pull off a branch, then startled backwards. "Twee?"

"It's a fake tree, Hoseokie," Namjoon explained, placing Jimin down in front of a box of tinsel. He sunk his hands in, squealing at the tickly feeling, mesmerised by the whispery sound. "It stops lots of trees from dying."

"Twees no die!" Hoseok explained, continuing to pull the branch, so Namjoon pulled him away, and distracted him with the spool of lights.

"Cismas tee!" Yoongi yelled, hopping up and down on his feet. "Cismas, daddy! Santa coming!"

Namjoon remembered the days when he believed in Santa. He hadn't really felt the Christmas mood for a good few years now, but the excitement radiating from the six toddlers filled him with nostalgia. "Yes, Santa's coming! He brings lots of gifts for good boys!"

"I a good boy!" Taehyung hollered, throwing a bauble across the room. "I get the most toys, 'cause I a good boy!"

"No, I get the most!" Yoongi whined, looking desperately at Namjoon. "Dat not faiiiir!"

"You're all getting presents, Yoongi! Taehyung is just winding you up, okay?"

Jungkook looked around. There was a lot of change happening, and he was starting to get anxious. He started to wring his hands, looking around at the boxes. His brothers were shouting loudly, and all the lights shone through the window when he tried to sleep. The tinsel sounds made him feel like bugs were tickling his ears. He didn't understand why everything was changing like this. He liked things the way things were before.