삼십일: Day in the Life of: Hoseok

i wrote this in the deep depths of depression

------------

Hoseok really loved the mornings.

He liked the idea of being awake in general. He couldn't control his dreams, and he found that a little scary. Sometimes he worried that he wouldn't wake up, and he would be trapped in his dreams forever.

He jolted awake at the feel of his daddy's hand on his shoulder. He was dreaming about being a race car driver, but his car wouldn't work, and it turned out the peddles had snapped off, so he couldn't peddle it with his feet. He was pretty sure that's how race cars worked, anyway.

His eyes opened, but the soft light coming through the curtains burned his eyes, and he squinted instead. He could blurrily make out the shape of his daddy, heading back over to Seokjin. Seokjin always seemed to wake up the fastest. Yoongi never wanted to wake up. He seemed to like his dreams. Hoseok wondered what he dreamed about.

He got himself into a sitting position as Seokjin made grabby hands, and was scooped up into daddy's arms. Hoseok really liked cuddles, too, but usually when he was sleepy, or when his head hurt. He also liked his job of waking Yoongi up.

A burst of energy fizzled through Hoseok as daddy left the room with Seokjin, he shot up, and jumped onto Yoongi's bed. Yoongi let out a loud whine, his face disappearing under the sheet, but that didn't deter little Hoseok. He scrabbled at the cover, until he finally managed to peel it away, revealing Yoongi's grumpy, tired face.

"Go away," he mumbled moodily, trying to snatch the blanket back, but Hoseok kept hold of it, staring at his brother lovingly.

"But it's morning, Yoongi, and that means we have to get up and go to school! You like school, don't you?"

School had actually been very awkward for Yoongi since his accident, but Ms. Yeon made sure the others were very quiet about that. Hoseok wished he was brave enough to kick the kids who hissed comments, like Taehyung did, but he was too nervous, and he didn't want to fight other people.

"Go away," Yoongi repeated, but his eyes stayed open this time, and he wasn't fighting anymore.

"We get to see our friends, and watch the TV, and, and play lots of games!"

"I know!" Yoongi wailed miserably. Even with Yoongi's awful mood, Hoseok still loved his job. Yoongi was grumpy all the time, anyway. He would sleep forever if he could. "Get off me! You're heavy, Hoseok."

Hoseok slid off on command, and pattered to the floor. Yoongi sat up, the back of his hair sticking up, and sighed loudly. He knew Hoseok wouldn't leave if he didn't get up, so he followed him out of the room.

Hoseok steered clear of Jimin's chair on the way to the kitchen. He was scared of Jimin now. He found that stare creepy, and he didn't respond to Hoseok anymore. He remembered when Taehyung was in a wheelchair, and daddy accidentally ran over his foot. He hadn't liked wheelchairs since then, and he certainly wasn't going to let Jimin run him over. He was thankful he had stopped pulling those weird faces and falling over, but he wasn't sure if this was a better alternative or not.

Seokjin watched Hoseok, and gave him a pitiful look as Hoseok climbed up onto his chair. Hoseok jutted his chin out defiantly, though his heart started to beat a little harder. He hated having arguments, and he hoped Seokjin wasn't going to start one. He seemed to like Jimin nowadays, and always held his hand in the car. Hoseok refused to touch him. He was scared touching Jimin would mean he would end up in a wheelchair.

When Taehyung was in a wheelchair, Jimin was the only one to sit with him, and still gave him hugs. Hoseok didn't mind Taehyung when he wasn't in his chair, but he was pretty sure Jimin having that close contact was what caused him to need a chair himself. He called it jinxing. He saw it on the TV, and firmly believed in it.