삼십사: Day in the Life of: Jungkook

Jungkook jolted awake at the feeling of a warm hand on his shoulder. His body flew into a sitting position before he could even register he was awake. Daddy looked down at him, a soft smile on his face. "Morning, Kookie."

Jungkook grumbled. He wasn't the best morning person, especially when he started his day jumping awake. He rubbed at his tired eyes, pouting, feeling a little agitated about the little strip of early sunlight poking through the window. He was getting excited for Christmas. They had two days left in school before the holidays, and this year, he was a little more prepared for all the changes, though he didn't like just how busy the supermarket seemed to be now.

Jungkook wasn't the biggest fan of school. He didn't have any proper friends, though he was invited to play with the same small group of kids every break and lunch. He sometimes agreed, and sometimes sat on the grass, rocking himself and pulling worms out of the mud. He didn't mind being alone, since that meant he didn't have to speak, though he wished he had a special friend like all of his brothers did.

However, things had perked up a little for him. Since he stopped attending those weird doctor's appointments, he was allowed to wear his hood-hood at break and lunch, which made him feel a lot calmer. He wished he could wear it the whole time he was at school, but daddy had said no and then shouted at him when he screamed.

He eventually swung his legs off the bed, and jumped down, the hood on the jumper immediately covering his eyes. Taehyung barged into him on the way out, nearly knocking him over. He was feeling pretty hungry, a feeling he didn't like very much. He toddled off to the bathroom, where Taehyung barged into him again, and then made his way to the kitchen.

Jungkook made sure to steer clear of Jimin's chair. It wasn't that he was afraid of his brother, or was scared he would end up like him if he touched him, like a few of his brothers thought, but that Jimin drooled onto his shirt, and he found it really gross. He threw up a lot, too, which Jungkook hated even more.

He did, however, like looking at Jimin's chair. He couldn't help but imagine that it would be quite fun to be pushed around in it, and not have to use his heavy legs. He could use the wheels to push himself, and then Taehyung wouldn't be able to push him around anymore. He often fantasised about being in a wheelchair. He also kind of wanted to break his leg, or something. Crutches seemed pretty fun.

He continued to stare and daydream as daddy poured his favourite cereal, and he started to eat. He knew he was rocking, and he knew he was humming, but he wasn't paying attention to that. He imagined himself rolling along the pavement to the park in his own wheelchair, which would be yellow. All of the other kids would be super interested in him, and would want to have a go. He would be popular.

Or, maybe, he would be on crutches, swinging his legs after him. No, actually, he would be hopping, because he's broken his leg and it's in cast. That's what he wanted. He would sit on one of the walls at school, and watch as his classmates mooned around him and begged to have a turn. He wouldn't have to say anything, but he would get lots of sympathetic attention. He liked that sort of attention, for some reason.

"Shut up!" Taehyung yelled into his ear, making Jungkook jolt again. He let out an agitated sob at the loud sound, and covered his ears. He rocked himself even harder to try and calm his nervous energy.

"Taehyung!" daddy snapped, but then sadness filled his eyes. "I thought we talked about this. You were going to be a big boy for me. Don't shout at Jungkook like that. You know he can't help it."

"It's not fair!" Taehyung argued. "Jungkook gets to do everything he wants now! I want my way! I don't like the noise he makes so I want him to stop! Or he can go and eat elsewhere!"