이십오: The Assessment

After being made to feel like a shit father for 24 hours, Jimin was released from the hospital, and Namjoon made himself tiredly home with the sextuplets in tow. Jimin stayed awake in his carseat, sucking at his fingers, but he had a headache and was very sleepy.

He was diagnosed with a mild concussion, and Namjoon was told to keep him off school for a week to make sure he recovered. He could only give Jimin Calpol for his headache, as stronger pain medications clashed with his seizure meds. It meant that Jimin was irritable and weepy. He had said 'daddy' a few times, so Namjoon knew he hadn't had his progress wiped by his long seizure, but it still didn't make him feel any better. He knew that since Jimin was tired, he had a high risk of a convulsive seizure, and he had to be careful. It also meant that the social services would be coming to see him again.

He carried Jimin inside, and placed him into his special chair. He cuddled him up with a blanket and his chick, then stroked his hair until he eventually nodded off. The rest of the sextuplets stayed quiet, making sure their brother was definitely okay.

"Daddy, is Jiminie okay now?" Taehyung finally asked as Namjoon flopped onto the sofa. They took that as an invitation to climb up onto his lap and cuddle.

"Almost. He has a sore head, so he needs lots of rest and quiet." Namjoon sighed, and rubbed his tired eyes. He had actually been crying a lot through the night, though the toddlers couldn't tell. Being told you're a neglectful father does that. "I'm sorry to scare you so much boys."

"Wasn't scared," Jungkook mumbled, playing with one of his hoodie strings, though he was most definitely scared.

"Are we not going to school today, daddy?" Yoongi asked, looking worriedly at the clock, even though he had no idea how to tell the time. He did it because that's what daddy did when they were all struggling to put their shoes on.

Namjoon grinned at his cuteness. "Not today, sweetheart. You've had a rough day, and I need to make sure Jimin gets lots of rest, okay?"

Hoseok rubbed his own forehead. "My head hurting too, daddy."

Namjoon snuggled him and kissed his forehead on command, but he honestly suspected that Hoseok was putting it on since Jimin had been getting so much attention and he was scared. Hoseok cuddled up, sighing. His head often hurt, though he didn't often say, because the pain scared him and he wanted to keep it to himself. It had been getting worse and worse since he got hit by that car.

Taehyung slid off Namjoon's lap, and ran off to the hallway. Namjoon didn't get up to follow him, but listened to make sure he wasn't about to trash the house. He came back a few moments with all of that morning's mail in his hand. "Post, daddy."

The letters were covered in dusty footprints from the sextuplets stepping on them when they came in, but they weren't ripped. Namjoon sighed and took them from him as he struggled back up onto the sofa. He wasn't sure if he could stomach the mail today.

He flicked through them absentmindedly. "Bill. Bill. Car warranty. An appointment for Jimin. Bill. Bill. An appointment for ... Jungkook?"

"Me?" Jungkook squeaked.

Namjoon set the bills aside, and opened Jimin's appointment. It was another epilepsy checkup, which he had every three months, along with an assessment on his Global Development Delay. The results always came back the same, that Jimim wasn't really catching up with his age group. The EEG wires made Jimin cry because they pulled at his hair.

Jungkook watched his dad keenly as he opened the second letter with his name on. There were two parts to this letter, so Namjoon looked at the longer, written sheet first.