구: Social Services

this pic makes me uwu

------------------

"Are you sure it's just a small concussion?" Namjoon fretted, stroking Hoseok's fringe out of his eyes. They sat in the doctor's consultation room, with Hoseok up on the little consulting bed, smiling softly. "H-He wasn't breathing ..."

Namjoon had felt like he had said that over 100 times over the past 24 hours. It was an image he couldn't get out of his head. His small toddler, lying motionless on the ground, slowly turning blue. The way Namjoon's hand was the size of the boy's head, how his leg was the same as Hoseok's whole body.

He would never be able to get the screams out of his head. The way he had screamed himself, the woman who had hit him sobbing as she fell down next to the little boy, trying to get an ambulance. The way the five other toddlers crowded around, crying and screaming in fear as Namjoon lost control of his own emotions, and the big, scary, loud van taking their brother away. Jungkook had what Namjoon could only describe as a meltdown - though it was very similar to one of his tantrums. They shouted his name, but he didn't respond to them, either. They didn't have the concept of death in their young minds, but they were frightened.

"He stopped breathing because of the shock, Namjoon," the doctor replied briskly, writing away on a form. "Kids do it all the time. They just need a little encouragement, and they start breathing again. His arm and leg aren't broken, just bruised. He knocked himself out when he hit the tarmac, that's all."

Namjoon scooped Hoseok up, savouring the boy's light weight, and fluffy hair tickling his neck. Hoseok clung on with his little fists, seeming unscathed by the whole incident. He wasn't quite his usual self, in that he was tired and sore and just wanted to sleep, plus he was missing his brothers.

"Oh, and Namjoon," the doctor called just as he opened the door. "Kids are masters at hiding things wrong with them until the very last moment. If you think anything is wrong with him, or if he's not doing what he usually does, then bring him straight back here. I'm sure he'll be fine, but keep your eye on him, make sure he gets plenty of rest, and some peace from his herd of brothers."

Namjoon frowned as he walked to the playroom, and collected the rest of the sextuplets, who were now very quickly getting used to the little hospital room and the staff who ran it. He wasn't quite sure if he liked the idea of his kids being called a herd. He shushed the boys as they crowded round, and led them out.

"Daddy, is Hoseok all bettaw now?" Yoongi asked, peering up at Hoseok balanced in one arm. "He felled over."

"I know, honey, and he's going to be okay now, I promise. He's just had a little bump to the head, that's all."

"It made daddy sad."

"... I know. I thought Hoseok was going to be very poorly, but he's not."

"Why?" Taehyung interjected.

"Because he hit his head."

"Why?"

Namjoon sighed. 'Why' was one of the words Seokjin was starting to pick up, too, since the sextuplets demanded to know everything.

"Why?" Jimin repeated cutely, in Namjoon's other arm. With the emotion of seeing his brother unconscious in the road, he'd been having multiple bad seizures, to the point where he couldn't even make sound anymore. He was still pale and tired, too, but was perking up now he could see that Hoseok was fine.

"Well done, Jiminie!" Namjoon cooed tiredly. He supposed it was technically Jimin's first word, since he pronounced it correctly, and now kept repeating it excitedly, but Namjoon was sick of the word 'Why'. "Clever boy!"