이: Three Feats and a Scare

As Seokjin's surgery creeped closer, Namjoon spent increasingly more time with him. He played with him more, hugged him more, let him sit on his lap when they watched TV, and sat next to him at the dinner table. He couldn't tell if the others noticed that he was giving so much attention to Seokjin, but he couldn't stop his paternal brain from worrying.

Namjoon knew he was going to be okay. It was a simple surgery, that had been done numerous times before. It could hardly go wrong. Namjoon had saved up the money for the surgery and the hearing aids when he found out, so he was good that way, and Seokjin always had him to fall back on. If it didn't work, then it wouldn't be the end of the world.

He just didn't look forward to the pain that Seokjin would be in at first, and his worries as things he didn't understand happened to him. He didn't want to deal with the stress of finding somewhere for the other babies to stay during the appointments. He hated that he was unable to stop Seokjin from suffering.

The shock of Jimin's diagnoses had started to wear off, though. Even with all the medications he had to put into Jimin, the seizures didn't lessen, or get any better. Namjoon was used to it. Jimin had been having them for pretty much his whole life, and now Namjoon knew how to deal with them, he didn't worry so. He worried about all the different types of seizures that Jimin hadn't had, and could still have, but it was part of Lennox Gastaut, and therefore he knew he would have to deal with it when it came.

His Global Development Delay also scared him, since he knew that a part of it was being influenced by the seizures, but he was hopeful he would catch up. Every day, he got more confident in pulling himself up. When Namjoon held his hands and got him to walk with his tiny feet on his own, he seemed happy, and wanted to keep going.

Then the seizures kick in, and he falls over, and gets all tired. The helmet has stopped him from hitting his head, so there's no more tears, but they have a big impact on him still, and it breaks Namjoon's heart. He counted how many he had in one day, and neared 50. Jimin was the strongest kid he had ever known.

There was a whole list of things he had to go back to the doctor's for. Jimin's wheezy chest, which he completely forgot about after he had to get rushed away in an ambulance. Jungkook's regression and tantrums, Taehyung's longer leg and bad limping, but they all cost money. Money that he didn't have at the moment.

He got paid every two weeks, and was getting paid the day of Seokjin's surgery, in just two days. Although he was going to be spending the next few days in the hospital with his eldest, he would make it a priority to get the kids to the doctors. He would figure out the care plan for the others whilst Seokjin was poorly. If only he had someone to help him ...

He couldn't help himself. As he sat and watched TV, the sextuplets littered around him, he pulled his phone out of his pocket, and dialed his wife's number. It rang, then rang again, and then again, before cutting out. Nothing. He didn't expect anything more.

"Who daddy phoning?" Yoongi asked, stirring a little from his drowsiness.

Their bedtime was drawing near, and the cartoons helped them calm down and nod off. Namjoon wished he could do something more enthralling with them, like reading a book, or telling stories, but Namjoon was exhausted too, and kept taking the easy way out.

"Daddy phone?" Hoseok asked, stirring too. He sprung to life suddenly, scrambling up onto Namjoon and disturbing Seokjin, who was dozing peacefully. "Play? Can I play on your phone, daddy?"

"No, it's bedtime," Namjoon sighed, shifting Hoseok so he wasn't quite stepping on Seokjin's leg. "You can play tomorrow, if you're a good boy."

Hoseok whined, but he didn't take it any further. He was a well behaved boy. He let Namjoon push him off fully, and slid to the ground.