이십이: First Day of School 2

Jungkook sobbed as hard as he could after his dad, but he never turned around. He fell down onto his bottom, turning red as he howled. He wanted his hood hood. He wanted his daddy to come back. Where was Jimin going? Why was he being left in this strange place and why was his routine being disturbed?

Spooked by Jungkook's behaviour, Seokjin's face crumpled, and he started to cry, too. If Jungkook had a reason to cry this loudly, then maybe he should be too? Anyway, where were daddy and Jimin going? Why couldn't he go too?

Yoongi was already crying, but he didn't want to be beat by Jungkook, so he revved it up, and started yelling. He didn't want to be left here, with all these strange kids and strange woman. Hoseok held onto his hand, and cried too.

Taehyung stared at them all, biting his lip. He wanted daddy to come back, too, and he wanted Jimin, but he wasn't making this racket. He turned around, and looked up at Jennie's calm face. "Daddy come back, right?"

She smiled down at him, stroking his hair gently. "Of course daddy is coming back. You're here to have some fun, okay? Jiminie is going to a very special school where he can have fun safely."

"Isn't here safe?" Taehyung asked gently, looking a little confused.

"Yes, here is very safe, I promise you. You're a very clever boy, Taehyungie! But, Jiminie is going somewhere 'specially for poorly kiddos who need a bit more support than I can offer on my own. I promise he's going to be very happy there."

Taehyung just grunted in response, so Jenny scooped up Hoseok and Yoongi, placing them onto one hip each. "Hey, what's with all this noise!" she complained with a giggle, bouncing them both at the same time to try and soothe them. She was used to the first day at school nerves. Most of the kids cried during the first week at school. It was pretty easy to distract young kids, but she'd only ever dealt with twins winding each other up, let alone separated sextuplets.

"Want daddy!" Yoongi sobbed, reaching his arms out like Namjoon was still there. Hoseok sobbed like he was agreeing with Yoongi.

"Daddy hasn't gone very far!" she soothed, keeping her voice gentle. "You're all going to have lots of fun here! Look, look at these shiny things!" She clumsily ran her hand through the iridescent plastic strips hanging from the guttering, Hoseok still clinging tight. "Look at all the pretty colours!"

Hoseok stopped sobbing long enough to become mesmerised by the colours. He reached out to touch one of the strips, snot dribbling into his mouth. Yoongi whined in indignation, but he stopped crying to look, too. Seokjin also found the colours very pretty. They were a little blurry despite his thick glasses, but that seemed to make the colours prettier. Taehyung shook one of the strips hard, 'helping' Jennie calm down his brothers.

Only Jungkook remained unfazed. The colours weren't exactly bright, but he still hated them, and he screeched even harder. He didn't like the way the moved, or the soft rustling sound they made as they gently waved. They made his head spin, and he didn't have his hood hood to protect him, and there was way too much noise.

Jennie released Yoongi and Hoseok to play with the strips, and knelt down to Jungkook's level. She tried to wrap her arms around him, but he sobbed and shook her off, so she just stayed kneeling next to him, trying to look at his face. She'd taught kids with behavioural issues before. She was pretty used to these sorts of tantrums. "Jungkook, can you look at me?"

"No!"

"Jungkook, can you tell me what you're upset about?"

"No!"

"Daddy says dat Jungkook has an unhappy brain," Taehyung tried to say helpfully, looking at his brother hunched up on the floor. "He likes fings to be his way, and he gets sad when dey not."