Prologue: Babies

i promise this is the last prologue hskna

-----------

Jungkook cried.

Namjoon was up as quick as possible, scooping the youngest baby up into his arms, and taking him out of the room before he could wake up his brothers. He rocked the small baby gently, shushing, but Jungkook flailed and whined, his face red with emotion. Namjoon went through his checklist, sniffing Jungkook, and checking his temperature, but there was nothing. He ended up quickly making him a bottle, which silenced him. He held it up by himself, looking up at Namjoon as he sucked. As soon as he was done, he fell back asleep, and Namjoon was able to lay him carefully back down in his cot, next to Jimin. Namjoon laid back down, and closed his eyes.

Yoongi cried.

Namjoon scooped him out of his own cot, and took him out the room, rocking him gently. Yoongi cried for a couple more minutes, before quieting into a snuffle. He looked at Namjoon like it was his fault he was awake, and soon dozed back off. Namjoon laid him back next to Hoseok, and settled down himself.

Jimin cried.

Namjoon scooped the extra small baby up, and took him out the room. Jimin wailed pitifully, his chest sounding crackly and clogged. Namjoon leant his floppy head onto his shoulder, and patted his back, shushing into his ear. Jimin often had mucus build ups due to his poorly lungs and weak chest. He only went home a week ago, and Namjoon felt like he'd started all over again. Jimin was nearly a year old, but because of his incubator life, he couldn't hold his head up, and was severely behind the others. As soon as his chest was clear, and Jimin started to doze, he laid him into his cot, and shut his eyes.

Taehyung cried.

Namjoon had gotten used to Taehyung having sensitive skin, and knew the boy was crying for a nappy change. He laid the baby down on the dressing table in the bathroom, and soothingly rubbed nappy cream on Taehyung, until the baby stopped whining. He dressed him back up, and rocked Taehyung until he fell asleep again. He placed him into his cot, and got back into his own bed.

Seokjin cried.

Namjoon fingered one of the hearing aids the baby had been given, and slotted it into his ear. Even with the hearing aids, Seokjin couldn't hear, but the pressure in his ear seemed to soothe him. Namjoon had been told he would need cochlear implants if he would ever have the chance of hearing. He kissed Seokjin's head, bouncing him gently. Seokjin calmed down, but he stared up at Namjoon with wide eyes, scratching his shirt. The baby was wide awake, but Namjoon was exhausted. He placed Seokjin into his cot with Taehyung, and thankfully he didn't cry. He played with his little booties, snuffling.

Hoseok cried.

Namjoon gave a long groan as he placed Hoseok's head on his shoulder, and bounced gently. Hoseok continued to grizzle, fidgeting a lot. Namjoon mainly thought that Hoseok maybe needed a poo, but then, hot liquid spilled down Namjoon's shoulder, and Hoseok started to cry more.

He sighed, and laid Hoseok down on the changing table, peeling off his wet onesie, and gently feeling for a fever. Hoseok felt fine, and now that he had been sick, he seemed a little calmer. Namjoon changed his nappy anyway, then stuffed him into another onesie. Hoseok started to doze again, and was asleep by the time Namjoon put him back into his cot. He laid down, and fell instantly into a deep sleep.

*

Namjoon watched Jimin worriedly as he kicked his legs on his playmat, looking up at the mobile turning slowly above him. Jimin had been home for two weeks, but he had started to display some sort of odd behaviour.

He watched as Jimin's body suddenly went still, and his eyes looked upwards, his mouth pursing. It would only last for a second or two, and then he would start kicking his legs again, watching the mobile. He didn't know what to think. He worried the most about Jimin, and was trying to catch him up with his brothers, but, in terms of body use, Jimin had just about as much use as a newborn.