삼십칠: Hoseok's Headaches

As the seasons changed into summer, the Kim house became brighter than the sun. With Jimin's health being the best it had ever been, Namjoon had more time and more money to give to the rest of his sons. There were more toys, more outings, more DVDs and games. The boys were in a good routine, and it was helping them massively.

Seokjin wasn't as quiet as he used to be, like he had come out of his shell a little bit. He spoke a lot more, attempting full conversations with his brothers as he became more confident. He played football with Hoseok, and was deemed gentle enough for Jungkook to allow him into some of his doll games. He loved listening to piano music with Yoongi, and helped Jimin toddle around the living room. He still flinched when Taehyung yelled, but wasn't crying as much. He loved roleplaying lots of different characters. He especially loved being a doctor, and performing some kind of CPR on his teddies. Namjoon didn't have the heart to tell him that the heart wasn't in somebody's pelvis.

Yoongi didn't rat so much, though he still told tales over random things. He, too, wasn't as emotional, though he tended to whinge when he was tired. He was tired often, and still regularly had naps that he was hard to rouse from. He liked 'playing' a small children's keyboard and 'rapping'. He obviously had inherited Namjoon's music taste, which he found incredibly amusing. The dead frog pictures still came thick and fast, which, although was incredibly weird to Namjoon, meant Yoongi was back to his old self.

Hoseok was big into football, and with the weather improving every day, he spent every moment he could kicking his ball around. Namjoon was waiting for the day he heard the kitchen window smash, but Hoseok seemed to have good control over the ball, despite being a little clumsy on his feet in everyday life. He watched every match on TV, and played in the school's under 8 team. He was still easily nervous, jumping over little things, but he was clearly passionate, and was starting to stand up for himself a little more. He still complained of headaches, though not as frequently, and he didn't seem to be run down in any way.

Little Jimin was trying his hardest. Obviously his seizures hadn't fully stopped, but with his usual medications, he was just having around 2-3 absence seizures a day, and very rarely atonic ones if he was extra tired. With Jonghyun, Namjoon, and the sextuplets' help, he was slowly regaining the use of his legs, and could utter a few words. It would be a long while before he was back where he started, but it looked promising. He loved going to the swimming pool and splashing around. He had an inhaler for his wheezy chest, but his shakiness still wasn't wearing off. Namjoon was keeping his eye on it.

Taehyung's behaviour had calmed down a lot at home. He wasn't being as nasty to his brothers, nor arguing with his dad. He wasn't like how he used to be - full of love and determined to help, but he had regained some of those traits, and didn't just roll his eyes when Jimin started wheezing, or Jungkook yelled. At school, Chanyeol continued to egg him on, but his pranks were more silly than harmful. Namjoon really hoped he would get some nicer friends, but Taehyung stood resolutely with Chanyeol. He liked helping Jimin toddle around, and praised him well.

Jungkook didn't have as many meltdowns now he was in a good routine. He was more welcoming to his brothers and played games with them, though Seokjin was the only one allowed near his dolls, and that was with Jungkook's explicit consent. He was becoming increasingly more anxious around school, and regularly cried in the mornings. They only had one more week left in reception, but that didn't seem to cheer him up. He refused to wear his glasses still, and only really spoke to Namjoon and only when he needed to. He loved watching Casualty on TV with Namjoon again.

Namjoon hadn't taken him to any of the autism support meetings yet. He wasn't quite sure how Jungkook was going to cope with being in a room full of strangers and kids of all different ages. He didn't like being spoken about, especially when he could hear what was being said. Namjoon was worried it would only make him worse, so he had steered clear so far, though he was determined to try one day.